Designs and develops web based software programs, portals, user interfaces, and dashboards to provide high quality user experiences for Luth employees and clients.
Creates well written and documented code from specifications to achieve business goals.
Communicates in a clear, concise manner to express details, concerns, updates, and timelines to the Manager of Online, QA, and other staff
Maintains current knowledge of new technologies to identify possibilities to enhance Luth Research products and services.
Track and fix reported bugs, feature requests, and enhancements as directed by the Manager of Online.
Garner and apply industry best practices to software development and software quality assurance to ensure Luth incorporates the best and latest thinking into its software products and services.
Assist the Manager of Online and other staff in tasks and projects as needed.
Education, Skills, Experience
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please put Web Developer in the subject line .
- Bachelors degree in a Computer Science related field of study or equivalent experience
- Strong familiarity with working in a CMS, preferably Drupal.
- Strong knowledge of cross-platform user experience design and optimization, including desktop and mobile, using responsive design techniques.
- Familiarity with social networking trends and integration of web sites into social networks.
- Knowledgeable in the concepts of Object Oriented Design and Analysis, the Software Development Life Cycle, and process modeling.
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and development models
- Working knowledge of design tools (such as Photoshop) to create wireframes, comps, etc.
- Moderate knowledge and experience with relational databases such as Oracle and PostgreSQL.
- Detail oriented with the aptitude to catch mistakes, errors, and bugs in a timely fashion
- Able to apply deductive and inductive reasoning to not only identify problems but assist in the determining causes and solutions
- Basic Linux (RedHat and CentOS preferred) operating systems, Apache and Web knowledge and experience.
- Effective at communicating issues, problems, and concerns to management
- Team player and effective communication in explaining technical requirements/processes
Luth Research is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunities and to making employment decisions based on merit and value. We will comply with all Federal, State and Local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, as well as all laws related to terms and conditions of employment .
Luth Research, LLC - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard