EVO Solutions is currently in need of a Web Developer with strong Ruby experience and a deep understanding web mapping technologies for a Portland based Open-Source Development shop. This developer will be responsible for back-end development but must work closely with front-end developers to integrate application code with front-end design and interactions.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS :
- Lead a small development team on a project by project basis
- Closely collaborate with visual designers, user interface designers, project managers and clients where appropriate
- Participate in project estimation, scheduling, quality assurance/testing and deployment phases of multiple concurrent projects
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE :
- Expert level knowledge of Ruby and the Ruby on Rails framework (or similar frameworks, Sinatra, etc)
- A deep understanding of current web mapping technology (i.e. Google Maps, Open Layers, Leaflet, etc)
- Expert level knowledge of open-source database server technology (PostgreSQL, MySQL, PostGIS)
- Expert knowledge of standards-compliant and semantic HTML, CSS, the DOM
- Knowledge of other common open-source scripting languages (i.e. PHP, Perl, Python, etc)
- A deep understanding of cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility issues and the methodologies and technique used to ensure that the finished product performs as expected on all supported platforms and browsers
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and debugging skills
- Possess a good methodology for managing readable and maintainable code
- A deep understanding of modern version control technologies and methodologies
- An understanding of the Linux operating system
The Web Developer should have a minimum of 4-5 years of experience within the industry and be comfortable working on a small and agile team responsible for small, rapid efforts as well as complex, long-running projects.
Evo Solutions - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
At Evo, our passion is responding to the greatest struggle of every business leader: Getting the right talent in the right place, at the...