GradeBeam.com is the premier online communication network connecting over 500,000 construction companies and suppliers throughout North America. Founded in 2000, GradeBeam.com has led the charge of bringing new and exciting software -- delivered as a service, SaaS to the construction marketplace -- such as Building Owners, General Contractors, Specialty Contractors, Blueprinters, etc. GradeBeam.com users efficiently communicate on projects big and small. The company currently services multiple multi-billion dollars clients and hundreds of thousands of contractors, and is poised to aggressively grow in 2011 and beyond. If you are looking to be an integral part of a fast growing technology business, then you can build your own future at GradeBeam.com.
We are currently seeking a top performing Web Developer with a proven track record applying their expertise in front-end web development to the design and development of new-media commercial products. The Web Developer will join our fast paced team and be responsible, among other things, for all phases of front-end development -- from UI design through page coding -- for new products as well as for the betterment of our existing ones. An exciting opportunity is to be part of revamping our systems and application architecture to take advantage of the latest technological advancements in cloud computing and storage.
The top candidate will have a passion for building beautiful and functional web pages and is a champion for semantic HTML who cringes at table-based layout. They also love the power of cascading style sheets and understand the need for separation of style, content and layout. The professional we want to hire never sacrifices elegant design, has a strong sense of aesthetics, and doesn't hesitate to dig deep into back-end code to bring a new product to life. We value high quality software and encourage test-driven development (TDD).
General Requirements and Qualifications:
- Participate in all phases of front-end development for our products from UI design through page coding, including complete ownership of the page code and style sheets.
- Participate in designing, estimating effort, coding, testing, debugging, configuring, integrating and documenting software.
- Apply generally accepted programming standards and design patterns to software development efforts.
- Create operation manuals and tutorials for front-end products.
- Assist support and operations in resolving configuration and technical issues in a “last tier” support capacity.
- Participate in design and code reviews of software components to assure detailed technical requirements and implementation meet feature requirements.
- Refactor and maintain existing code as needed.
- Develop systems to interface and integrate with various vendors and clients.
- Work independently as well as with others and report progress of assigned deliverables to technical and team lead.
Essential Attitude, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 1 year of software development in an ASP.NET environment, of which at least 1 year of relevant web development experience.
- ASP.NET 2.0-4.0 with C# as preferred language along with WCF and WPF.
- Web UI skills with a special focus on standards compliance and usability.
- Good knowledge of browser idiosyncrasies (IE, Firefox, Chrome) across platforms.
- Past experience with client-side programming using JSON/RESTful services is a definite plus.
- Experience writing unit tests with .NET related unit testing frameworks.
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2005/2008 and MySQL.
- Experience working with Web Application Frameworks and Microsoft Application Blocks.
- Experience working with legacy COM+ / vb6 components in previous projects.
- Experience working with Telerik Controls is a plus.
- Distributed Development using cloud services from Microsoft (Azure) and Amazon.
- BS Degree in Computer Science is preferred.
- Understanding of server technologies and HTTP.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to estimate effort, meet schedule deadlines, and track to a project schedule.
- Excellent Time Management Skills – Organizing, prioritizing, multi-tasking & problem solving.
- Professional, high-integrity, reliable, organized, driven, and results-oriented.
- Self motivated over achiever with a desire to build a successful career in fast-paced business.
- Proven characteristics of accountability, flexibility, and attention to detail.
Earn a competitive salary, and benefit from training, development, and advancement opportunities.
Feel secure with benefits including Medical, Dental, Life, 401K Retirement, and Paid Time Off
You may also visit www.GradeBeam.com to learn more about us!
This position is located in our office at 1405 Lake Cook Road Deerfield, IL 60015.
GradeBeam LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.
**Please email resume to Jessica Novak email@example.com or call 312-496-7975.
Textura - 13 months ago