The Irvine Company® is a diversified, privately held real-estate investment company and master-planner — highly respected for stewardship and master-planning of The Irvine Ranch® in Orange County, California. Our IT department supports web applications and websites for our Commercial Office Space, Apartments and Homebuilder divisions.
The primary responsibilities of the Web Developer - Intern include:
- Creation of site layout/user interface from provided design concepts by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Placement and layout of web site pages given client provided content.
- Development of robust and user-friendly .NET-based C# web applications.
- Design and creation of relational database schemas.
- SQL Server T-SQL development.
- Application/Framework design as needed.
- Specifications/Requirements gathering as needed.
- Routine daily maintenance of existing sites and applications.
By the end of this training the trainee will have learned to:
- Add real world professional web production experience to their educational credentials.
- Improve their knowledge and skills in numerous aspects of Web Development.
- Compile a portfolio of completed assignments at the end of the internship.
- Participate as part of a team, on shared assignments and projects.
- Gain a fuller understanding of the industry and customer knowledge.
- Work on a strict deadline.
- Build relationships through various networking channels.
- Utilize teamwork skills.
Undergraduate in computer science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience
Experience building multi-tier web applications on any technology stack, with experience in at least one of:
data layer: MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, noSQL (MongoDB, CouchDB, BigTable, etc.)
Good communication skills
At The Irvine Company, everything goes according to plan -- the master plan. The real estate investment company plans and designs office,...