Accusoft Corporation is currently seeking a Web Developer to join our Marketing Team in Tampa, Florida.
The Web Developer is responsible for assisting with maintaining, enhancing and supporting the website and related web applications. This position must be able to work in a varied, fast paced environment. Flexibility and adaptability are a necessity.
The Web developer would need to be experienced in using the dynamic programming tools and languages that fuel the Web. The position would need to be able to work independently or be part of a team that builds and integrates interactive Web sites, applications, and services for both internal and public sites. As a web developer, the position could also assist to architect websites, design data-driven applications, and find efficient client-server solutions. This position must be able to communicate project status, issues, and resolutions.
REQUIRED SKILLS (Must Have):
- NET generally, C# in particular ASP.NET or ASP.NET MVC, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or newer
- SQL (strong relational database skills and ability to construct simple and complex SQL queries)
- Web service/API integration (XML, SOAP, REST - client and server)
- Web 2.0/AJAX based applications including parsing and rendering XML and JSON
- Website architecture and development
- Creating web applications using standards compliant XHTML
- Front end development technologies including HTML, XHTML, XML, XSLT, CSS
- Code development, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting
- Information architecture
PREFERRED SKILLS (Nice to Have):
- Knowledge in C#, C++, .NET, Java, JSP, PHP
- Experience with Razor
- Additional database experience a plus (MySQL, SQL Server, etc.)
- Understanding of Classic ASP and VBScript
- Experience with web analytics (Google analytics, WebTrends) - Analysis and integration
- Knowledge of CMS applications
- Knowledge of social media API integration (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Mobile development a plus
- E-commerce based web applications
- Developing web applications through full project lifecycle
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work closely with the production team to ensure code is completed to the defined specifications.
- Support, maintain and enhance daily production processes.
- Optimize sites for performance
- Interact daily with development, design, marketing, and management teams
- Assist with new development and upgrades to existing systems
- Basic website copy edits, swap out simple graphics, create new pages from versions of existing pages
- Responsible for assisting with the development and testing of web applications
- Stand-alone Web applications
- Create, alter, or troubleshoot custom applications – especially those which require database access
- Connect data gathered onsite to internal databases or third-party applications (e.g., lead generation * forms)
- Formulate direct queries against a database
- Assist with installation or configuration of software on Web/application/database servers
- Secure applications against hacking vulnerabilities
- Develop scripted widgets from scratch
- Assist with integration within the context of intranet/extranet environments
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Competence in current Microsoft technologies
- Platform-neutral development
- Open to utilizing and learning alternate technologies
- Strong computing fundamentals, and desire for learning
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field; One to two years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Founded in 1991, Accusoft brings together an extremely talented, intelligent group of people to solve challenges and work together on some of the most sophisticated imaging technology in the world. As the company grows, management wishes to continually nurture the "small company" feeling it was founded with, and combine that with "large company" benefits, processes, and structure. A testament to this great environment is the fact that many Accusoft employees have been with the company for 10 years or longer. Complimentary sodas, coffee, and snacks are also provided. Accusoft is a privately held, profitable, growing business, as measured by substantial year to year revenue growth. Accusoft develops image compression, content recognition, and document viewing technologies and integrates them into software development toolkits and applications. For a list of our product line-up, visit our website: www.accusoft.com.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Competitive salaries and excellent benefits are provided with a minimum waiting period. Some of our benefits include 401k, vacation, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, stock option plan, comprehensive health and dental plan, company paid short term, long term, and life insurance, a fun family oriented environment, and more! Join our team in Tampa, FL for a rewarding career in digital imaging!
ACCUSOFT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Accusoft Corporation - 22 months ago
Founded in 1985, AccuSoft is the leading supplier of high-performance imaging SDKs, imaging processing and data analysis software....