* Communication: Applicant must possess the ability to exercise a professional approach when communicating with customers, co-workers, and supervisors and must possess professional phone and e-mail etiquette skills. The applicant must write and speak effectively, clearly, and concisely, listen to others, respond professionally to feedback, and ask questions to ensure understanding.
* Problem Solving: Applicant should be able to anticipate problems, see how a problem and its solution will affect others, gather information prior to making decisions, weigh alternatives against objectives, and arrive at a reasonable solution. The applicant must possess strong development, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
* Initiative: Applicant must be self-motivated and be able to work independently with minimal supervision, must be able to self-study and conduct relative research, must be able to work as a team member in a continuous improvement environment, and must possess the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects in different stages with a sense of urgency and efficiency. Must be willing to train on new applications in order to keep skill set current.
JOBHOLDER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
* Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related field required.
* Related Experience: This Web Developer is a developmental position, which typically includes 3 to 5 years of experience.
* Equipment/Software Skills:
Required - Strong C/C++ programming skills, architecture skills, development experience, and object oriented design. Background in real-time, embedded firmware programming, design, and development experience. Must be capable of doing System Level Architecture.
Preferred - Strong fundamental knowledge of analog design principles. Experience with driver level development and work, with high speed data buses and signal integrity issues, with Telecom and IP protocols, routing, and networking, and with Ethernet Switching protocols and Active Ethernet technologies. Knowledge of VoIP, MIPS core, Gigabit Ethernet, GPON, TCP/IP, UDP, FPGA, and VHDL. Experience with regulatory EMI/EMC compliance requirements for telecomm equipment, with multi-core processors, multi-threaded operating systems, and multi-process operating systems, and knowledge of low level programming, debugging and OS kernel development. Working knowledge of JAVA, HTML, AJAX, XML, Perl, JIRA, Ant, CSS, Eclipse, ActionScript 3.0, Cairngorm, PostgreSQL, JBoss, and/or J2EE is highly desirable.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
* Physical: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, type, and write. The employee in this role is occasionally required to stand; walk, kneel or crouch and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Sensory: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to draft, write and enter necessary data for reports, business correspondence, and/or procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present/communicate information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The Web Developer will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing software packages for ADTRAN websites. The Web Developer understands and facilitates concepts necessary for an effective web user experience.
The Web Developer will become aware of web systems functionality, as well as the business processes necessary to enhance and support the web systems. This role is a developmental level position where assignments are designed to develop professional work knowledge and abilities. Developmental level Web Developers will normally receive general instructions on routine engineering tasks and receive detailed instructions on new projects and assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Troubleshoot, debug, and implement software code.
* Develop, implement, and support automated processes to manage and maintain websites.
* Analyze and evaluate requests for system enhancement and problems reported.
* Provide application development and support for enterprise applications.
* Design and/or develop, test, and deploy system enhancements, participate in upgrades, and support business systems along with other team members, ensuring that data integrity is maintained.
* Help users to define system requirements and provide solutions to better enable them to perform their functions.
* Assist with documentation, user training and education support.
* Research and stay current with technical standards and tools.
* Support other IT projects and business systems as needed.
* Complete assigned projects in a timely and effective manner.
* Prompt and regular attendance is required in order to ensure quality workflow.
* Other projects and assignments may result and be assigned to accommodate the changing needs of the department and the Company.
Adtran - 14 months ago