A rapidly growing, entrepreneurial technology company, Alarm.com is seeking a Web Developer to provide web development expertise to our Marketing team. The Developer will work cross-functionally with Marketing and Engineering to define user interaction, functionality and system requirements. The Developer will ensure a look and feel of web properties that meet branding, business and user needs. The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, creativity and flexibility.
The Web Developer’s primary job responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with the Marketing team and Engineering teams on the construction and maintenance of Alarm.com web properties.
- Collaborating with graphic artists and software engineers to develop web page graphics that support interactive, marketing-focused content and functionality.
- Providing technical consultation in new systems development, new feature evaluations and enhancements of existing systems.
- Providing Web design recommendations and assists in the testing and user acceptance of Web pages and applications.
- Conducting systems tests, monitoring test results, and taking appropriate corrective action.
- BS or BA
- 5+ years of web development experience with a heavy focus on front-end design, usability and work-flow architecture.
- Previous experience with Object-Oriented software design and languages such as Java, PHP, Python or Ruby.
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
- Must be proficient with design patterns, security, performance, UI components and caching.
- Experience with compatible UI design for different browsers.
- Basic graphic and video processing skills including experience with Photoshop.
- Basic SEO experience is a plus.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills, along with the ability to collaborate with a range of team members within the Marketing and Technology teams and help drive Marketing initiatives through to production release.
Founded in 2000, Alarm.com is the industry leading technology provider of interactive security, home automation, and energy management solutions. Through advanced wireless monitoring, mobile and web-based services, and a proven hosted services platform, Alarm.com helps
protect more than 1 million residential and commercial customers throughout the United States and Canada. Alarm.com’s products and services are offered exclusively through a network of over 3,000 licensed and authorized Security Dealers. Alarm.com’s headquarters is located in Vienna, VA. For more information, visit www.alarm.com.
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
WHY WORK FOR ALARM.COM?
Make an immediate impact.
Collaborate with outstanding people.
Gain well-rounded experience.
Work with the latest technologies.
Focus on fun! Alarm.com places high value on our team culture. We host team outings, events, and an annual corporate retreat. Our office environment is friendly, open, interactive and casual.
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Alarm.com, founded in 2000, is a leading technology provider of connected home services, powering well over one million residential and...