Before any product is available on Amazon, manufacturers provide information about their offering, manage inventory positions and even set up marketing initiatives through one powerful platform. Amazon has built one of the most scalable and innovative extranets for vendors, but it is still Day 1 and there is so much to do.
We are looking for an experienced web developer to build the next generation of applications on Vendor Central. Vendor Central enables Amazon's retail vendors to add millions of products, receive purchase orders, process invoices and manage shipments. You will be responsible for creating a superior experience for tens of thousands of Amazon vendors.
The ideal candidate will have highly relevant experience in building scalable, web-based applications that meet rigorous standards for usability, security and scalability. Prior experience in building retail business applications is a plus. This is a highly visible role with broad impact on Amazon's worldwide retail business.
- Experience in Struts, Swing or JSP
- Experience developing AJAX interfaces with AJAX libraries and frameworks (e.g. YUI, DOJO, JQuery, Prototype, etc.)
- Experience in a Unix/Linux environment
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.
- Passion for creating efficient, scalable web interfaces
- Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST
- Genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building compelling web applications and UI
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Amazon’s mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy...