Berkleemusic.com is the online extension school of Berklee College of Music, and the world's premier online music school. Berkleemusic.com has won the UPCEA best online course award an unprecedented six years in a row (2005-10). We serve thousands of students in over 80 countries around the world and pride ourselves in building creative software to help educate tomorrow’s music industry leaders.
We practice agile methodologies, incorporating direct user interaction, the latest project management tools and integrations. Our current stack is a combination of a legacy ERP system and Ruby based applications (Rails & Sinatra). However we turn to the tools that best suit the work at hand and are not tied to any one solution.
Our talented team of web developers is comprised of music performers and enthusiasts, who are passionate about working in an environment that’s helping shape the future of music. We are looking for a talented Web developer to join our amazing team. This is a unique opportunity for qualified candidates looking to work in a fun, fast-paced, laid-back community with great benefits and growth!. Won't you join us at the premier music school for tomorrow’s rock stars?
• Develops high quality software with an eye toward reusability and robustness.
• Works with Technology team to maintain and strengthen existing software platform.
• Works with design staff to envision the best user experience for new software and takes pride in its detailed implementation.
• Develops, deploys and maintains integrations among existing enterprise systems and new partners.
• Works with the business, sales & operations team to build enhance and maintain the next generation of tools supporting our core business.
• Stays current with technology and researches the web for new developments and trends.
• Focuses building on clean, self explanatory and well-documented code.
Possible Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Requires occasional availability for operational upgrades or emergencies.
BS or BA in information technology, computer science or related field.
At least 3 years experience building, deploying, tuning, and maintaining mission critical Web applications.
Experience with an MVC based Web application framework -- Ruby on Rails a plus.
Advanced data modeling and SQL skills on enterprise-class databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL) including query tuning and optimization for large datasets.
Mastery of UNIX command line tools and distributed version control systems like git.
Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously with great efficiency and attention to detail.
Ability to interact effectively with individuals and groups at various levels of the college, and with technical and strategic partners.