Bluestem Brands is seeking a highly motivated Front-End Developer to work on the web development team. This individual will build optimized applications that integrate on top of our Java-based, database driven applications, as well as maintain and enhance existing applications to meet Bluestem Brands specific business needs.
The responsibilities of the Front-End Developer include:
Transform designer given Photoshop documents into dynamic web applications while maintaining design integrity and application speed.
- Write modular, cascading and reusable CSS on new and legacy systems
- Work closely with Creative, Technical Business Analysts, other Java developer team members to understand requirements and develop solutions based on Bluestem Brands standards
- Create rapid prototypes for business owners in short feedback cycles
- Collaborate in a team environment using an agile development process
- Participate in code improvement activities to enhance the enterprise code base
- Use the following tools and technologies: HTML, CSS, JQuery 1.8+, JSP, Apache, Tomcat, Eclipse, Photoshop
- Knowledge of best practices for front-end optimization while maintaining cross browser functionality
- Ability to multi-task and grow in a fast paced development environment
- Experience with source control repositories
- Excellent problem solving skills with an extremely high attention to detail
- Able to actively participate in planning meetings, retrospectives, and brain storming sessions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 1-2 years of web development experience
- E-commerce website experience a plus
- Experience with agile development methodologies a plus
Bluestem Brands is proud to be named to Star Tribune's Top Workplaces 2013.
Bluestem Brands, Inc., headquartered in suburban Minneapolis,...