This position involves web development and maintenance throughout the entire project life cycle. The ideal candidate must be capable of full cycle project collaboration with on-shore and off-shore members of a development team. Responsibilities include application architecture, design input, site layout/user interface, DotNetNuke development/configuration/maintenance, database design/programming, .NET development, SharePoint development, and content management. The candidate will be a motivated and energetic developer who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail-oriented, and takes extreme pride in their work. If you thrive by working side by side with one of the most experienced and professional teams in the industry while driving your solutions to successful completion, consider this opportunity as the next level in your professional development.
While we see value in all of the following characteristics, our culture places more value on:
This position reports to the Technical Account Manager. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Individuals and interactions vs. processes and tools
- Working software vs. comprehensive, upfront documentation
- Customer collaboration vs. contract negotiation
- Responding to change vs. following a detailed, upfront planning document
- Develop information architecture for various web-based applications for the company internet, intranet, and extranet.
- Creation of site layouts and user interfaces using standard practices and tools and defined client platforms.
- Creation, placement, and layout of web site pages and other content whether self-developed or client/agency provided content.
- Ability to develop, enhance, maintain, and deliver to end users various content types including text, graphics, images, audio, video, and social media.
- Development of robust and user-friendly DotNetNuke, .NET, and SharePoint web applications.
- Routine daily maintenance of existing sites and applications.
- Routine content management and maintenance activities.
- Collaborate with on-shore and off-shore developers in the implementation of complex and integrated solution sets.
- Where applicable, participate in daily stand-up meetings to facilitate the understanding, clarification, and implementation of business requirements in an agile development environment.
- Where applicable, participate with teams in agile approaches such as Sprint, Scrum, etc.
Preferred Technical Platform Experience
- DotNetNuke Version 5 or 6
- HTML 4, CSS
- Microsoft .Net
- SharePoint 2007, 2010, or 2013
- HTML 5, CSS3, jQuery, jQuery Mobile, Ajax, CAPTCHA
- Multi-media content development tools such as Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, Video Studio Pro, or other comparable tool.
- Functional interaction with social media such as LinkedIn and FaceBook
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, technical staff, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to understand software development framework, architecture concepts, and terminology.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited direction and as part of a team
- Excellent customer services and independent time management skills.
- Ability to read in the English language, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, user manuals, or regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information, effectively listen, and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, or the general public.
- Ability to calculate basic figures/amounts and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Education and/or Experience :
- Four year Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science or a comparable combination education and work experience.
- 2 years of IT related business experience in a technical or analytical capacity.
- 1 year experience working with multi-media content creation and management tools
- 1 year experience working with off-shore development groups in and agile development culture.
- Preferred: experience working with various development tools such as Visual Studio 2012, Pivotal Tracker, Mantis, and Confluence Wiki.
- Preferred: 1 year experience working using agile development techniques such as Sprints & stories.
- Preferred: experience with mobile solutions or expert systems such as LIMS, ERP systems, CRM systems, or Enterprise Content Management systems.
- Preferred: experience in the AEC, ASFE or aligned industry or client market and/or supporting various AEC related software solutions.
- Preferred: in-depth experience using and/or supporting Agile Frameworks software products.
Braun Intertec Corporation - 12 months ago