We are a venture capital backed company, based in Boston, focused on being the country’s largest consumer web organization for enabling individuals to find insurance rates, coverage and companies that best fit their personal needs. Founded in 2007, Consumer United prides itself on helping consumers compare and purchase auto and home insurance. Our team of trained, licensed sales agents help people understand their options and select the appropriate policy. We pride ourselves on being a company of smart, creative and diverse individuals who are highly motivated to build a nationwide brand focused on exemplary service and customer value. At every level of our organization, you will find high achieving, performance driven people.
We are looking for exceptional web developers to help launch new strategic initiatives. Consumer United offer a creative, fast paced, startup-like work environment where you will be at the center of innovation by exploring, defining, and building new products and services that will change how consumers purchase insurance.
You will drive projects end-to-end, collaborate on product definition with business teams, help architect and implement the technical front-end solutions, and measure its success. You will work with stake holders and play a key role in ensuring Consumer United continues to reinvent itself and remain a leader in the insurance space. You will be working with a talented team of technical professionals to build highly scalable customer-facing and internal systems.
- You will be responsible in building interactive functionality for our customer facing websites in order to service our existing customers and attract new ones
- Build new functionality for our internal web application tools that will allow our business to function more efficiently
- Build web applications to aggregate data from partner websites.
- Support or various departments by building mission critical reporting capabilities
- Build brand new applications by using standards compliant web services from suppliers and partners
- Identify and suggest useful improvements across our applications stack
Consumer United is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.
- 1-3 years of Web Development experience on the LAMP stack
- Experience working in a team environment on multiple projects
- Self-Starter who can jump in quickly without a lot of direction.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Demonstrated ability to identify real-world user problems and building technology solutions to solve them
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Exhibits strong software development qualities including the ability drive creative and innovative solutions to complex problems, good technical judgment, clear communication, engagement and teamwork, and can drive quality.
- Background in building systems to support 3rd-party partnerships
- Experience with JQuery and Zend framework a plus