This is a chance to work on a product that many people, including your friends, use and appreciate. NextBus (recently acquired by Cubic Transportation Systems) improves public transportation and makes it a more viable transportation option by providing real-time passenger information through user-friendly mobile applications and desktop management tools. Our system is used by over a million daily visitors. We have contracts in San Francisco, Oakland, Boston, Los Angeles, Toronto, Washington DC and over 100 other cities. This is a rare opportunity to work for a company that actually receives fan mail from our users. Our system really does make a difference to them.
NextBus is looking for a mid to senior-level front-end developer with JavaServer Pages and Expression Language experience. The developer will be responsible for general website implementation and support, including desktop applications (with a responsive design for mobile devices), mobile web-based applications, and custom web pages for display on large LCD monitors. The developer will also assist in the design of future applications and enhancements. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Works with the business units and customers to detail requirements and achieve acceptance and sign-off.
- Understands business unit and customer needs and define requirements.
- Assists developers, product teams and testers to understand the requirements and work to meet those requirements.
- Establishes, guides, reviews and audits specifications to insure all Customer requirements are satisfied.
- Creates and/or edits simple graphics
- Implments web pages based on wireframes from designers
- Maintains and updates web content, ensures web site availability, maintains and develops new and existing applications, trouble shoots problem reports and works to minimize down time for the customer.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Four-year degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent work experience. Minimum of three years web development experience.
- Self motivated, problem solver that works as a team player in an organized and logical manner.
- HTML5. Expertise with markup and familiarity with APIs (Geolocation, Web Storage/SQL, CORS, Application Cache, Web Workers, History, etc.)
- CSS. Expertise with level 2 and familiarity with newer CSS3 features (animations, gradients, transforms, etc.). Must know how to use Media Queries for responsive designs.
- Development with at least one server-side MVC framework (any language).
- Java web features (JSP/JSTL/ExpressionLanguage/Taglibs)
- Browser development and debugging tools like Firebug or Chrome Developer Tools.
- Browser support in all modern desktop/mobile browsers and IE7+.
- Version control: svn or git
- Exposure to an iterative, agile software development environment with scrum meetings and some test driven development.
- Mobile development with native or web-based apps and PhoneGap Build.
- RESTful APIs.
- Servlets and Tomcat Java web app deployments.
- Some User Experience (UX) and design exposure.
Please include a cover letter with your résumé and links to at least two websites that you worked on.
Cubic Corporation - 2 years ago
Who We Are
Cubic is a diversified systems and services company in transportation and defense markets worldwide. We are a leading technology...