Job Description - Web Developer (131859) |
Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Web Developer - Job Number: 131859
We are looking for an experienced Web Developer to join our Web Marketing Team in Boston, contributing to the success of our web presence through in-house and external-facing web applications development and applied Content Management.
Our Web Development Team manages numerous websites, including 7 regional marketing sites, a global support site and an online renewals platform. This team needs additional resources to support the growth of our main website, http://www.qas.com/ , in the US. The aim of the global Experian QAS websites is to acquire new customers and provide a great user experience for all targeted audiences landing on this innovative platform.
You will work closely with the US Marketing Team, as well as members of the Web Development Team located in the UK to identify, refine and deliver requirements within agreed timescales.
- Design, develop and test complete web applications using the latest J2EE specifications and leading open-source frameworks and libraries such as JSTL, Spring and Hibernate
- Review task briefs, develop the required elements and execute to meet deadlines
- Manage workload, balancing the requirements and priorities of tasks
- Understand, apply and advocate Content Management
- Project manages the full lifecycle of projects undertaken
- Handle the escalation of complex issues from the helpdesk
- Use analytical skills to diagnose and solve technical issues
- Keep abreast of developments in the field of web development
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Proven commercial experience with J2EE web application development(JSP/Servlets) using the Spring framework
- Expert Object Oriented Programming skills
- Strong skills in SQL and database design, with knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Understanding and use of Object Relational Mapping, preferably Hibernate
- Understanding and use of web application servers: IIS and Apache Tomcat
- Experience with Web analytics solutions (Google Analytics preferred)
- Positive, professional attitude and the ability to work well as part of a team
- Inquisitive, proactive and forward-thinking
- Excellent organizational and time management skills: ability to multitask, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent analytical problem solving, troubleshooting and decision-making skills
About Experian QAS:
QAS opened its operations in the United States in 2000 and we currently have over 1,700 customers across the US between our offices in Boston, San Francisco, and New York. We have experienced double digit growth annually since our inception, and are seeking talented individuals to help us sustain and surpass this level of success.
Acquired by Experian in 2004, QAS is a market leader in address management and data integrity solutions and is currently a $159 million international operation with over 10,000 customers worldwide. With offices in the United States, United Kingdom, France, Netherlands, Australia, Singapore, and New Zealand our employees have the chance to experience different career opportunities all over the world.
Being a subsidiary of Experian allows our employees to grow and develop with the spirit of an entrepreneurial organization while enjoying the benefits of a larger corporate company. Our benefits include competitively priced medical and dental plans, a well-rounded employer-matched 401k plan to help you save for retirement, and free/discounted benefits, such as tax free commuter passes and free credit monitoring.
To learn more about Experian QAS and find out how to join our team today, please visit us on http://www.qas.com/
Job : Marketing, Product & Communications
Primary Location : United States
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : 30-Jul-13, 3:27:39 PM
Brand : QAS
Reasonable Accommodation Experian provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request
in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
or 714-830-5022. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Experian will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Experian.
Experian - 4 months ago
Experian Information Solutions, also known as Experian Americas, is the US-based arm of global credit reporting agency Experian plc....