The Health Plan of San Mateo (HPSM), a managed care health plan, seeks a Web Developer to handle custom web development and maintenance, including web applications and web interfaces. This individual will also work closely with key staff to coordinate and implement the work.
- Create, develop, and maintain various web applications.
- Implement HTML templates for web.
- Build user interfaces for web-based applications that integrate with back-end databases using various programming and scripting languages.
- Communicate with clients, teammates, and project leads to gather and refine project requirements and timelines; work directly with clients to produce a high quality product.
- Work with other web and technical staff to maintain sites.
- Build and load Databases and/or access external Databases.
- Review specifications and provide time estimates on the development of projects and features.
- Provide input to Quality Assurance personnel to assist with the creation of test plans.
- Collaborate primarily with HPSM stakeholders to develop web-based solutions to company needs.
- Test programs for proper functionality; troubleshoot and correct program bugs.
- Maintain documentation of all programming development and modifications.
- Maintain job log of all requests and assure timely delivery of completed requests.
- Develop reports for end users and stay abreast of emerging Internet technologies, design philosophies, and e-health approaches.
Education and Experience: Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in web design or information sciences. Equivalent to three years experience in web/interactive design and development on enterprise-level web. Experience with DB design and maintenance. Experience working with database-driven web applications, Microsoft Active Directory and Adobe Photoshop.
Knowledge of: Expertise in HTML, Java Script, CSS, DHTML, XML, Internet protocols, current browsers, and other emerging web technologies. ASP, ASP.Net, dot Net, and other embedded scripting languages. Web Development software tools – Visual Studio
Ability to: Adapt to changes in requirements/priorities for daily and specialized tasks. Translate user needs to program functional specifications. Communicate and work with users having a wide range of computer skill levels. Problem solve and consider the entire solution. Work independently as well as part of a team; support team decisions. Effectively explain the options and limitations of HTML and web programming techniques to both technical and non-technical audiences. Work under deadlines; manage multiple job requests simultaneously. Communicate effectively and provide a high standard of customer service. Thoroughly document work.
BENEFITS INFORMATION: Excellent benefits package offered including HPSM paid premiums for employee’s coverage in the medical HMO plan and majority of PPO medical cost. Employee pays a small portion of the dependent premiums for medical and dental benefits. Additional HPSM benefits include fully paid vision, life, AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance; 457 Plan in lieu of social security (7.5% of salary/HPSM paid); retirement plan (10% of salary for compensation/HPSM paid); holiday and vacation pay; tuition reimbursement plan; and more.
APPLICATION PROCESS: To apply, submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to: Health Plan of San Mateo, Human Resources Department, 701 Gateway Blvd., Suite 400, South San Francisco, CA 94080. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (650) 829-2004 File by: Continuous until filled. EOE
OpportunityKnocks.org - 20 months ago