You get your kicks from constructing creative and complex websites that load quickly and are easy for users to navigate. Get your kicks with us—we’re LRS Web Solutions, the area’s premier Web development group, and we need a front-end Web Developer. LRS Web Solutions is the Web arm of Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. (LRS), the global leader in information technology solutions headquartered in Springfield, Illinois.
As a Web Developer, you will be working with a project team and clients as well as with the LRS Marketing team. You will construct large, complex websites, using HTML and Cascading Style Sheets. You will integrate professional graphic design with client content and custom-built applications. You will consult on usability, accessibility, browser-compatibility, and quality in website construction.
You will interact with clients, project managers, account representatives, a user experience specialist, as well as a team of designers and developers to identify and implement web-based solutions both before and after the sale.
You will assist in the support and maintenance of websites for our company and our clients. You will be based in our Springfield office, and this position may require a very limited amount of travel within Illinois and the United States.
Your compensation will consist of a base salary plus paid overtime.
Performance objectives for this position:
- Site Construction: Consistently create flawless, complex websites that are fast-loading, easy to navigate, cross-browser compatible, aesthetically pleasing, accessible, usable, and meet client needs.
- Hosting: Protect the integrity of hosted content and data consistent with Web Solutions policies and procedures. Assist with configuration and maintenance of web servers. Provide client education on various services and vendor software such as website statistics, FTP, list server and email. Perform analysis and make recommendations for purchase and upgrade of such services and software.
- Customer Service: Provide excellent customer service by responding to client requests and complaints in a friendly, helpful and knowledgeable manner. Maintain excellent communication with clients and team members; discuss goals; anticipate future needs and make appropriate suggestions; explore options for alternatives with client. Tactfully guide client and team members to best practices.
- Work collaboratively: Work cooperatively with a team of developers, designers, salespeople, project managers, a user experience specialist and a team manager. Coordinate your work with the work of others and deliver your part of the project on time, complete and without errors. Assist other team members to continually improve skill sets by giving timely constructive feedback and specific training, where appropriate. Be open and responsive to such feedback yourself.
One year experience hand coding HTML in a professional work environment or successful completion of two college level courses in web development is required. You must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer. No visa sponsorships are available.
You will be a stronger candidate if you have experience with any of the following:
- Visual Studio
- Website Graphic
- Cascading Style Sheets
- Usability and accessibility development
- Mobile device development
The key to success in this position is to quickly and efficiently build complex, graphic and application intensive websites as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Your success will also be judged by your ability to successfully consult with and advise clients on website development.
An art sensitivity or experience working with layout or design is a definite plus, as are creative problem solving skills. The ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize work, good troubleshooting and creative problem-solving skills are essential.
The ability to effectively establish and maintain client relationships by carefully listening to clients in order to create a web presence tailored to their needs is essential. Because you will be dealing with a variety of sizes and types of clients, general business insight, empathy, and the ability to quickly understand business challenges is important. The ability to clearly explain technical information to non-technical clients is extremely helpful.
You will be expected to quickly learn LRS Web Solutions processes, services and products and to remain aware of current and developing design and web trends in order to anticipate and meet client needs and requests. Experience making small-group presentations is a plus. You will occasionally be asked to participate in educational or sales events for existing and potential clients.
Organization Structure and Interfaces:
The LRS Web Solutions Group is based in Springfield, Illinois but serves clients nationwide. You will work with project teams to build and maintain websites. You will report to the Manager, Web Solutions.
You can learn more about Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. by visiting www.LRS.jobs. If interested, send your resume to hropp@LRS.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information or citizenship status.
This position is eligible for full benefits.
Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. - 16 months ago