We leverage open source technologies and encourage community involvement (contributing code to open source projects, publishing jquery plugins, etc). Liquid Web still maintains a lot of its start-up roots, so self-starters with a get-it-done attitude thrive. We want people who strive to push things forward on the team and who aren't afraid to tackle a project head-on without a lot of hand-holding. The ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize them effectively is a must.
If you’d like to join us in our endeavors, please send a resume and code sample. If you don’t have any code that you can share, write something up and send it.
- Our ideal applicant would have most of these skills:
- Thorough understanding of usability and a focus on customer experience
- The ability to work in DHTML without using one of those libraries, if necessary
- Solid understanding of CSS
- Ability to write well-crafted, semantic HTML
- Knowledge of various browsers and their bugs/limitations
- Experience mitigating/preventing XSS injections and other security exploits
- Some knowledge of templating languages (Mason, Template Toolkit, etc)
- Confidence with distributed version control systems (we use git)
- Comfort working in a Unix/Linux environment
We have offices in both Lansing, MI and Scottsdale, AZ, and we’re willing to relocate the right candidate. We do allow occasional telecommuting, but we are not open to full-time telecommuters or contractors at this time.
Liquid Web Inc. (http://www.LiquidWeb.com) is a privately held company founded in 1997, with three wholly owned data center facilities...