The web developer supports the web technology needs of the university’s digital communication goals, ensuring that the pointloma.edu website, blogs, and other web properties are using best practices.
- Develop and maintain web pages, blogs, and other web properties.
- Install and maintain/administer servers, databases, and applications for web services.
- Create custom web pages and applications for specific marketing campaigns and needs.
- Cast and lead the web technology vision for PLNU’s digital marketing needs.
- Website technical support.
- Work together with web designer and web editor/information architects to optimize the website for search engines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three years of web development experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong development experience on a LAMP stack.
- Strong experience with version control (e.g. Github) and bug tracking (e.g. Caravela) and project management (e.g. Basecamp)
- Strong experience developing in content management systems (e.g. Drupal, WordPress)
- Experience using web analytics software (ideally Google Analytics) and search engine optimization
- Understanding of and commitment to the spiritual mission of the university
- Understanding of Christian higher education and the audiences that PLNU serves
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Attention to details and organization fanatic
- Interest and attitude required to mentor young developers
Physical Demands (if applicable):
Sitting for periods greater than one hour. Use of computer equipment: computer keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Vision to read documents, e-mail and other correspondence, and reports on paper and computer monitor. Hearing and speaking to communicate effectively with others in person and by phone. Will also stand, stoop, push, pull, and lift up to 10 lbs throughout the day.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Point Loma Nazarene University - 23 months ago