RBC MINISTRIES JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Web Developer
Administers the technical aspects of all Internet-related applications/services,
including application/template development, testing and deployment.
1. Develop and maintain websites to meet business needs.
2. Update, repair, modify, and expand existing websites.
3. Assist, as assigned, in the integration and interfacing of websites with
other business processes and systems.
4. Monitor all running websites, and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
5. Find new opportunities to improve the ministries websites while asking the
appropriate questions from business owners.
6. Perform monthly tasks in a timely manner, ensuring that all tasks are
tested for quality and accuracy.
7. Apply the theories and principles of computer science to create, test, and
8. Stay current with changes in web technology and new areas of
? Flexible schedule required
? On call to support assigned systems
The above duties, activities, or responsibilities may be supplemented
Study or Knowledge and Experience:
? Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems
? Should possess strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
other web related technologies.
? Proficiency with structured programming techniques.
? Proficiency with content management software, e-commerce and associated
? Experience with WordPress theme and plugin development.
? Working knowledge of Linux and Windows server environments.
? Working knowledge of version control software.
? Must have good communication and team work skills.
Internal Work Environment:
? Occasional communication with users and teams throughout the organization.
? Requires complex and technical communication in both verbal and written
External Communication Requirements:
Requires complex and technical communication in both verbal and written form.
Recommend new technologies and best practices related to website functionality
and performance, Internet-related services, etc.
Stewardship of Resources:
? Performs assigned projects/tasks with quality and on schedule.
? Continually improve the efficiency of Internet applications, content
posting, integration with other applications, reduction of maintenance efforts,
etc. to assigned systems.
Required to be on call 7 days a week, 24 hours a day for assigned systems.
RBC Ministries - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard