Red 5 Studios, creator of the free-to-play MMO Shooter Firefall ( www.firefallthegame.com ), is a video game developer dedicated to bringing together millions of gamers from across the planet by creating immersive worlds, intriguing stories, and compelling characters.
Created by seasoned developers including the team-lead for vanilla World of Warcraft and the lead designer of Tribes and Tribes 2, Firefall’s combat is fast paced, furious, and plays like a top-tier action oriented shooter. It is the largest massively multiplayer co-op shooter made to date and offers a unique gameplay experience not found anywhere else.
The development process at Red 5 Studios is also deliberately unlike any other. Firefall is designed from the ground up with our audience at our core. We share our game's early development builds and invite our audience to actively share feedback, allowing them to provide a meaningful contribution to the shaping our core gameplay. We regularly read our forums, reply to community feedback, and often times we’ll fly beta testers to our office for feedback sessions and early previews of upcoming builds.
Red 5 Studios is far more than just another game developer. We’re a family; a tribe of men and women who each bring our own unique experiences, knowledge, and accomplishments to the table. We believe that in order to build a great game, you first need great people, and actively encourage and organize fun team-building events and studio outings to strengthen and grow as a family.
If you are interested in joining the Red 5 Tribe, or to learn more about opportunities at the studio, please visit the company web site ( www.red5studios.com ). For those interested in getting a behind-the-scenes look at what Red 5 Studios is all about, please check out the following video: http://bit.ly/ORU72P
The Red 5 Studio’s Web Development team is comprised of the brightest architects, designers, and engineers in the business. Building the web-based tools and features needed to form the backbone of our online presence, our Web Developers are committed to providing the best online experience for our users. To accomplish this, the web developers work closely with the game designers to create functionality in both Firefall the game and on the official Firefall website, and ensure that all facets of design are of the highest quality. The Web Development team also works alongside our Marketing and Community teams to design and implement community-focused web features and promotions.
- Building web applications that enhance both the in-game and out-of-game player experience
- Designing and building tools for other developers and the customer service teams
- Working as a part of a feature team to design and implement game features
- Working with web and interface designers to implement their creations, and providing input during the design process
- Offering constant feedback to both playtest and development teams
- 2-3 years of experience developing high-traffic, scalable web applications
- Demonstrable experience building consumer-facing web applications
- Proficiency in one or more high level programming languages (Ruby/Python/PHP/etc)
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Thorough understanding of cross-browser compatibility
- Some experience with graphic design programs (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
- Unyielding passion for games
- Experience developing web applications using Ruby/Ruby on Rails
- Experience building applications using a service-oriented architecture
Red 5 Studios - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard