The Web Developer supports, develops and maintains an enterprise eCommerce site. Develops, tests, and troubleshoots applications and worker processes in a mixed MVC/MVP environment. Implements new site content for marketing campaigns and product launches and introduces existing products through email and other targeted marketing. Demonstrates a strong model/view/controller skill set and a commitment to clean code. Evaluates the systems needs of eCommerce and Marketing teams and proposes solutions. Works with other developers (in-house and contractors) in both team efforts and parallel development.
- Participates in web application development in Ruby on Rails, with a Mongoid ODM.
- Creates and conducts unit testing of code—responsible for test cases using Faker, RSpec, Cucumber, and Fabricators. Extends existing test cases whenever missing or pending tests are identified.
- Participates in system-wide tests such as volume, security, performance, and compliance.
- Integrates with other team members to facilitate unit and spec testing and prepare design specifications.
- Participates in work sessions that establish development priorities and ownership of projects.
- Integrates with and assists other software developers both at Rejuvenation and at vendors who are doing development on behalf of Rejuvenation.
- Uses software development process with integrated testing (especially TDD).
- Automates testing by writing test case scenarios, and wherever tests are not applicable identifies the reason.
- Creates, manages and maintains documentation.
- Ensures that code meets company needs for security, readability, and data integrity.
- Manages own work to meet target dates without sacrificing quality.
- Establishes working relationships with company management and other staff to understand their needs and to identify opportunities for systems improvements.
- Maintains and enhances existing applications and databases.
- Creates and monitors procedures for quality checking all code.
- Integrates with developers and others (as directed by supervisor) at parent company, Williams-Sonoma.
- Ensures that all work is documented and is available to system users and support staff.
- Assists with other projects as directed by supervisor.
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Daily contact with key employees in all departments, but primarily within eCommerce, Sales and Marketing, Product Management and IT.
- Frequent contact with vendors and consultants.
- Occasional contact with other information systems professionals outside of Rejuvenation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Content creation using text editor, photo editor and client browser.
- Version control and issue management using Git/GitHub.
- Use of templating languages like HAML, Mustache, Django, Smarty, etc.
- Ruby on Rails - Ruby 1.9 and Rails 3.
- AJAX responders, JQuery controls, and SCSS styling, especially when used in MVC and generated from models.
- Development of online storefront, e-mail marketing, and social site integrations.
- Program analysis and design.
- Good organization and maintenance of projects.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and helps team decide which are worth pursuing.
- Ability to communicate well with technical and non-technical staff.
- Combination of education and/or experience equivalent to 4 years of college.
- Four or more years programming.
- Intermittently lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Continuously see (with frequent visual acuity), sit, and balance.
- Continuously have repetitive use of arms, wrists, hands, fingers, and grasping.
- Frequently hear and talk.
- Occasionally stand and walk on level and uneven surfaces.
- Intermittently stoop, bend, twist, crouch, kneel, crawl, climb stairs and ladders, operate foot and hand controls, squeeze, and reach above shoulders.
- Exposure to low to medium levels of noise.
- Exposure to mild outdoor temperatures of heat and cold.
- Constant use of computer.
- Exposure to dust, chemicals, fumes, dirt, metal, stacked materials, and electrical equipment.
- Long or odd work hours
- Non-smoking environment
- Please visit rejuvenation.hiringthing.com