This just in--read what all the fuss is about:|
Are you looking for an awesome place to work that allows you to think outside the box? A company that believes in constant and never-ending improvement all the while being respectful to others? Where strategic thinking, bold ideas, solving challenging problems, and flawless execution are expected and supported?
If this sounds like an environment in which you’ll thrive, please read on…
What will I be responsible for?
What education, skills and experience do I need to be considered for this role?
- Design and implement quality user interfaces for the web applications which thousands of customers and services providers use daily
- Create web pages, emails, and other digital web assets for use by our Technology and Marketing teams
- Identify, debug, and resolve issues and defects with current products
- Plan projects and assist in creating department roadmaps to ensure on-time delivery
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Web Development, Computer Science, or other technical degree or equivalent education/work experience
- Minimum of 2 years front-end web development experience
- High-Intermediate to Advanced skill developing HTML and CSS, including CSS3 and HTML5
- Intermediate skill and experience in User Interface / User Experience design
- Mobile design, optimization, and responsive design
- Experience programming web applications in PHP
- Experience utilizing Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, InDesign, Visio, and other related graphic design tools
- Knowledge of web standards compliance and browser compatibility strategies
- Working knowledge of Linux operating system
- A positive “cando” attitude, driven, and passionate with a strong work ethic
- Exceptional communication (verbal, written, and presentation) and organizational skills
What is it like to work at TakeLessons?
- Experience with mainstream Content Management Systems (e.g.Wordpress)
- Experience working on an Agile/Scrum team
- Familiarity and proficiency with Information Architecture
- Database fundamentals and query writing with SQL
- SCM and version control fundamentals with git or Subversion
As a key part of our growing Technology team, you will be making a significant impact from Day One by working on projects which directly impact our internal staff, service providers, and customers. Our web-based service is essential to our Company’s success by allowing us to manage our nationwide network of service providers and students. You will have the opportunity to work on challenging problems with other talented individuals in an environment that values elegant, scalable, practical, and quality software solutions. We reward those who make a big impact and value building things the right way.
Benefits and Culture
TakeLessons offers a variety of benefits including Medical, Dental, Life and Vision; PTO; Holidays; and discounted music lessons.
To learn more about our culture, please visit http://kareer.me/discover/takelessons
- All applicants must apply online
- Requisition ID #59
- No phone calls or agencies please
- Sponsorship not available
- Limited Relocation Available
- We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diverse backgrounds