Creates web based software solutions that meet specific company business requirements. Functions as an eBusiness team member in designing, developing, testing and maintaining eBusiness software applications and systems.
Designs and implements well documented and standards based ASP.NET based web applications for internal and client facing applications. Spends a significant percentage of work hours writing code.
Integrates ASP.NET web applications with complex databases using ADO.NET.
Participates in the full software development lifecycle including analysis, design, implementation, and testing.
Maintains existing web sites and web applications.
Works with clients (technical and non-technical) in the creation of requirements and/or issue resolution
Creates and executes test cases and ensure testing effectively validates that systems meet the functional and non-functional requirements.
Researches new technological solutions to satisfy business challenges. Stays on top of industry change and drives innovation.
Works in a fast paced continual learning environment. This requires ongoing education (independent and structured) with the ability to quickly adapt and learn new technologies to solve business issues.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience. Masters degree preferred.
- At least 3 years of proven hands-on experience developing complex web applications using ASP.NET
- Solid understanding of database concepts and SQL skills. SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 preferred.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented design concepts like encapsulation, polymorphism, etc
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices like unit testing, source control, continuous integration, automation, etc
- Good understanding of ADO.NET, LINQ, Entity Framework or other ORM tools
- Experience with legacy Microsoft technologies like ASP, VBScript, Visual Basic, COM+
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Experience in working with the LAMP technologies
- MCSD or MCAD
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to relate well to all levels of users.
- Must have excellent problem-solving and analytical skills to arrive at creative solutions, anticipate problems, and use logic and a methodical process of problem solving which includes considering a variety of solutions.
- Must be able to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to be flexible with work schedule to get job done, as required.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and meet established deadlines.
- Must be a team player as well as self motivated to be able to work independently and posses a customer focused mentality.
- Must possess a strong work ethic, be trustworthy and maintain a high degree of integrity.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office skills in Word, Excel and Access.
- Office environment / cubicle workstation.
- Sits at computer workstation for extended periods of time and uses a keyboard and mouse to interact with computer system.
- Frequent writing and reading.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
Thermo Fisher Scientific - 17 months ago
Whether for research, analysis, discovery, or diagnostics, Thermo Fisher Scientific gets the laboratory ready to assist mankind. Created...