Argus Information and Advisory Services was founded in 1997 and acquired by Verisk Analytics in August 2012. Argus focuses on providing competitive benchmarking, scoring solutions, analytics, and customized services to financial services institutions in North and South America and Europe. Addressing complex challenges in marketing, risk, and strategy, Argus helps clients maximize the value of their businesses. Additionally, we offer M&A advisory services and a suite of product solutions to a client base that includes credit and debit card issuers, retail banks and other consumer financial services providers, payment processors, insurance companies, and other industry stakeholders. The recent acquisition by Verisk Analytics will enhance our platform and provide the opportunity to further grow our business.
Our professionals have substantial industry knowledge, typically greater than fifteen years of experience, in providing solutions to the financial services sector. We are known for our unique ability to blend the highly technical, data-centered aspects of our projects with expert communication and business knowledge.
We maintain offices in New York, San Francisco, and London and employ approximately 150 professionals.
Responsibilities include creating a web platform for data distribution (including searching and data presentation), and integrating it with data sets, analytics, reports, and BI tools.
We are looking for candidates who can help make decisions about architecture and application design, and can write code to build web applications (UI and server side components). Candidates should have a good understanding of building web applications in the context of strict user access controls. We would like to work with an “agile-like” approach; candidates must be ready to focus on delivering the core requirements needed to move a project from idea to implementation, and to follow-up with improvements and enhancements as needed. Candidates should also enjoy working with a variety of technologies.
We are looking for 3-7 yrs. experience. Degree in a technical/quantitative discipline preferred.
- Web servers:
- IIS, configuration & general operation. Other servers a plus (Apache, Nginx).
- Server side programming:
- .Net experience required.
- Other languages a plus (Python, Java, PHP, etc.).
- SQL Database experience required (any SQL implementation).
- Familiarity with MS SQL SSRS and SSIS is a plus.
- MS platform expertise:
- Comfortable integrating web applications with MS domain controllers, LDAP, Active Directory services
- Single-sign-on experience within the MS framework desired.
- Client side programming:
- Experience with js graphing packages a plus (GViz, HighCharts, etc.).
- Content Management and Application Development Frameworks
- Content management platform experience helpful.
- Experience with a development framework helpful (general MVC or specific systems such as RAILS, CAKE, etc.).
- Strong skills in building and debugging web applications:
- Should have a deep set of tools and techniques for debugging and testing web applications (both client and server side).