We are an Internet marketing and business consulting firm with clients in various states. We support our clients with full service marketing that ranges from graphic design, web development, search engine marketing, internet marketing, social media and public relations.
We are looking for a talented programmer with a desire to become part of a rapidly growing company. They must be a team player. The right candidate will be confident in his or her programming skills and able to master new languages and methods very quickly. Any combination of professional and school experience considered, as long as you are smart, talented, and efficient. Familiarity with many of the systems of advanced web development is a plus for consideration of this position. Overall, you must be an extremely motivated, intelligent, experienced, and flexible programmer willing to learn advanced SEO techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of PHP, XML and MySQL
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Wordpress and AJAX (jQuery, Prototype, libraries) is mandatory
- General understanding of SEO as it applies to Web Development/Design
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be available to work on site -- no contractors or outsourcers
- Experience administering servers (Plesk, CPanel, etc).
- Web 2.0 and social networking industry knowledge such as Facebook, Twitter, and other sites, as well as Social Bookmarking sites.
- Basic understanding of JSP, ASP, Cold Fusion, .Net, and other server-side languages
- Experience using CMS platforms; Drupal, Joomla, Ruby on Rails
Great work environment with competitive benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Please provide salary history when applying for this position. We would like to see examples of websites and blogs that you have developed and will be checking references. We will not be able to respond to all inquiries - and will not without salary expectations. We offer 401k with matching, health insurance reimbursement, paid time off and other benefits for our full-time employees.
Location: Arlington Heights/Buffalo Grove
Compensation: Depending on experience