Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications or related discipline required.
Master’s degree preferred.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including working knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO)
- Demonstrated understanding of web usability and online marketing principles
- Working knowledge of web technology, including content management systems
- Proficiency in online strategy, including social media and mobile media
- Healthcare experience preferred, but not required
With a strong background in writing, the Web Editor executes web strategy through creation of best-in-class, strategic online content. This includes, but is not limited to: story development, SEO, paid placement campaigns, social media, mobile media and video as outlined in strategic marketing plans developed with Director of Web Strategy and Internet Managing Editor. Partners closely with Marketing writers and account managers. Reports to Internet Managing Editor.
- In partnership with Director and Managing Editor, provides strategic online counsel to internal clients and participates in the development, implementation and tracking of marketing plans for an identified list of programs.
- Manages online presence of assigned list of clients, representing a mix of “strategic” and “second tier” programs.
- Ensures that business requirements for new requests are properly documented and communicated for assigned clients.
- Ensures all information is presented in a user-friendly manner that complies with brand standards.
- Assists with testing and implementation of new website functionality and features as needed.
Children's Hospital Philadelphia - 2 years ago