Here is your opportunity to join SolarWinds as a writer in the marketing department, where you will bring your innovation and creativity to crafting compelling content for the SolarWinds websites, email, and other corporate communications.
- Write materials for distribution across all media that consistently reflect the SolarWinds “voice” and that continue to build on a strong brand foundation
- Write, review, and edit a variety of communications materials to ensure that all communications are excellent in quality, consistent in messaging, creative in voice, and 100% correct
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop technical product content for the SolarWinds website and marketing collateral, bringing a sense of humor and creativity to technical content
- Optimize new and existing content for search engine optimization to ensure high page rankings for key terms
- Manage content creation efforts for many projects and product launches simultaneously
- Work with graphic design team to produce materials for product launches and marketing campaigns
- Assist with the translation and implementation of localized content across web, electronic, and print media
- Meet aggressive deadlines and multi-task effectively to support multiple initiatives at once
- 5-7 years of experience in a marketing copywriting role focused on web and email content
- Proven track record of developing written marketing materials in the high-technology (preferably B2B software) industry; experience in network management and/or IT management is a plus
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills, with experience developing content for both traditional and new media
- Highly creative thinker who can instill humor, innovation, and inspiration into technical subject matter
- Excellent knowledge of how to optimize content to improve search engine results
- Familiarity with technical terminology, with the aptitude to quickly learn about and communicate effectively about new technologies
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up/high-growth environment where every individual makes a difference
- Detail-oriented, with excellent project management skills and the ability to successfully multi-task and manage several initiatives at one time
- An eye for perfection with the natural inclination to ensure that all communications reflect excellence
- Basic knowledge of HTML and content management systems (CMS) a plus
- Energetic team player, who brings creativity to the table, but thrives in a collaborative environment where many people contribute to the overall success of projects
- Ability to incorporate constructive criticism into finished products, as well as to take high-level direction
- Established track record of consistent delivery and meeting or exceeding marketing deadlines
- Must be able to provide writing samples from a high-tech environment
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) provides powerful and affordable IT management software to more than 100,000 customers worldwide - from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. Focused on the real-world needs of IT professionals, SolarWinds products are downloadable, easy to use and maintain, and provide the power, scale, and flexibility needed to manage today's complex IT environments. SolarWinds' growing online community, thwack, is a gathering-place for problem-solving, technology-sharing, and participating in product development for all of SolarWinds' products. Learn more today at http://www.solarwinds.com/ .
SolarWinds is and equal opportunity employer.
SolarWinds - 5 months ago
Since our founding in 1999, SolarWinds’ (NYSE: SWI) mission has been to provide products that are designed to make IT...