GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Web Editor serves as the editor-in-chief of Haskell’s online presence (websites, mobile and social media). We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual with excellent writing/editing skills and experience with Web Content Management for Haskell’s website. We seek a team player who will build internal relationships and provide strategies for site management and growth. JOB SUMMARY: • Copy Writing – Writing, revising and editing copy for websites, mobile sites and social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.).
Oversee copy-editing all pages of the website and develop and execute a quality control plan to maintain editorial standards and consistency of voice. • CMS Familiarity and Use - Interaction with Haskell’s Content Management System (CMS), Kentico (preferred) to update content and site assets directly. • Content Strategy - Make editorial decisions about which items to feature online. The ability to work with all departments at Haskell to ensure that content throughout online offerings is clear, consistent, up-to-date and within Haskell’s brand communication standards.
- Analytics Analysis – Managing and interpreting analytics associated with Haskell’s websites. Creating reports and analyzing data about Web traffic that can inform content and design of the website. • Inbound Marketing – Coordinate activities with marketing agency. Develop and maintain promotions, email campaigns or newsletters as necessary.
- Content Gatekeeper - Fulfillment of content requests from departments within Haskell. • Internal Content Leadership – Create and plan internal processes that govern content changes. Implement and evolve the plan. • SEO Analysis - Managing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) of Haskell’s websites.
- Professional Growth - Keep current with emerging Web and mobile technologies. OTHER REQUIREMENTS: • Bachelor's degree and/or its equivalent required. Minimum 3-5 years' related experience. • Excellent writing & editing skills.
- Strong editorial sensibility. • Strong Interpersonal Skills - Must be equally able to work in small groups and alone to complete procts. Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team • Technical skills - Content Management Systems (Kentico - Familiarity), HTML/CSS (strong familiarity); experience with PhotoShop and Desktop Publishing (i.e. InDesign) is preferred.
- Superior Organizational and Communication Skills - including the ability to manage short and long term projects. • Time Management - Ability to work on tight deadlines, and turn projects around quickly. • Self-starter - Possess the ability to create new and more efficient ways of tracking and disseminating information and contribute new ideas to Web design and management issues.
The Haskell Company - 12 months ago
• Founded in 1965 by Preston H. Haskell
• Construction, Design (Architecture, Engineering, Process) and Program Management...