This position requires an Active TS/SCI Clearance
At Data Tactics, our vision is to remain a creative, cutting-edge and world class research, development and rapid deployment institution where our shared intellect, hard work and vanguard for our client’s trust make a positive difference in their success, the security of our country, and the lives of our employees. The Data Tactics team is comprised of industry recognized experts in the field of Enterprise Architecture, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Engineering, System/Software Development, Data/Systems Integration, and Operations & Maintenance (O&M). We offer challenging and exciting opportunities which can advance your technical skills and provide you with compelling career growth. If you’re ready to push yourself and your career to new levels you should consider Data Tactics Corporation, where every day we strive to be the best at what we do!
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The Web Engineer shall engineer, design, and deliver a cloud-based web capability. Using existing web application framework or Accumulo-backed data services, the Web engineer shall transition existing web application user interface (UI) architecture into an optimized enterprise front end, using the new framework and data services. The Web Engineer shall proactively and continuously evaluate and address issues related to performance, stability, scalability, and extension of the system and the services. The Engineer shall collaborate with architects, other engineers, and vendors to produce a comprehensive cloud-based solution. The engineer shall utilize multiple open source products and technologies as well as COTS and GOTS products approved for use by the customer.
Required Job Skills:
- Transition the designs developed by the UI design team to include application code, APIs, and Web to a cloud-based architecture;
- Build and support scalable web applications;
- Engage in work that applies an agile process (e.g., scrum board, daily stand-ups, and two-week iterations); and
- Mentor and develop the capabilities of Web engineering teams.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science or related field;
- 3+ years core competencies in Java, XML, required; experience with other Web technologies such as WS* and .NET;
- A results-oriented person with a web-based delivery focus especially in the areas of writing high-performance, reliable, and maintainable code;
- Ability to adapt to new development environments, changing business requirements and learning new systems;
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems, and asynchronous architectures;
- Understanding of Web services software architectural and design issues;
- Exposure to data workflow and/or scheduling systems;
- Experience with large suited services and building/operating highly available systems;
- Working in an agile development environment and effective in team solutions with complex dependencies; and
- Ability to work on multiple competing priorities and a fast-paced environment.
Data Tactics Corp. - 14 months ago