We're looking for a talented developer to help build the world's best web-based financial terminal. Our ideal candidate has a well-rounded background, with experience both in building front-end interactive features and back-end systems. Our process is highly iterative. We believe the best way to test our products, designs and technologies are to launch them quickly and figure out what is working and what is not. Our service is currently built on Python/Django, NodeJS, MySQL, Redis, Amazon EC2/S3/ JS/JQuery, amongst other technologies.
- Write tools and applications to import, run calculations on and visualize billions of financial data points.
- Create a high performance, high-availability web infrastructure.
- Build new features, entirely new sections, or improve existing parts of our site.
- Improve the codebase by constantly looking for places to make things faster, cleaner, clearer.
- Experience working on interactive web applications. Some experience on higher traffic sites would be great.
- Experience with a dynamic language (Python, Ruby) preferably in the context of a web framework (Django, Rails).
- Experience in both front-end (JS/Jquery) and back-end (Python, SQL, etc) development, though it's OK to be stronger in one than the other.
- A background or interest in finance would be highly valued.
- An extreme attention to detail and a focus on Quality is something we value greatly. You will not be happy working with us if you don't have this.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Excellent medical and dental insurance coverage
- Plenty of paid vacation time
- New Macbook for you to use
- Sunny, spacious office
- Fridge stocked with food and drinks
- Fancy espresso machine / coffee supply
- Catered lunch every other Friday
- Friday afternoon beers
- Relaxed company culture (no dresscode, flexible hours, etc)
YCharts - 16 months ago