AMG Media Inc. is looking for a Web Graphic Designer & Developer with website development experience to join our creative team. We require someone who is passionate about the opportunities that the web presents and understands that marketing is only relevant if it is in some way tied to the web. We are looking for someone who will embrace change, is curious about new technologies and processes, and will take the initiative to seek out the latest technology. This person must be detail oriented, organized, a clear communicator, and current with new trends in web design and SEO.
- Proficient using both MAC & PC platforms; Microsoft Office Suite
- Expertise with web design applications
- Demonstrated strengths in web design and Search Engine Optimization
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, HTML, XML, and CSS
- Experience with WordPress and WordPress theme development a plus
Responsibilities – Daily Tasks:
- Work with clients and Project Managers to build and refine graphic designs for websites. Must have strong skills in Photoshop, Fireworks, or equivalent application(s).
- Convert raw images and layouts from a graphic designer into CSS/XHTML themes.
- Determine appropriate architecture and other technical solutions and make relevant recommendations to clients.
- Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service to clients.
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
- Creation of site layout/user interface from provided design concepts by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Designs innovative online and interactive media including websites, Flash demos, landing pages, display ads, email campaigns, and other interactive projects.
- Placement and layout of web site pages given client provided content.
- Design and creation of relational database schemas.
- SQL Server development.
- Application/Framework design as needed.
- Specifications/Requirements gathering as needed.
- Routine daily maintenance of existing sites and applications.
- Assist in gathering requirements and project specifications.
- Attend project kickoff meetings with clients.
- Take ownership of daily project needs and communications.
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Record time daily.
- Manage and organize multiple project tasks, timelines and communication.
- Perform routine site maintenance as needed.
- Designs and creates presentations as needed for selling our organizations services.
- Ensures final art meets specifications and is prepped for its target medium (i.e. web).
- Proofs artwork for accuracy, quality and brand adherence.
- Other tasks as needed for successful project completion.
- Minimum three years traditional and web design & development experience
- Experience developing and working with website design, across a variety of professions and applications
- Strong HTML, and CSS programming skills
- Corporate and product branding experience.
- Must work well under creative direction.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Portfolio that demonstrates creativity, sophisticated design concepts and effective marketing solutions.
- Excellent time management skills. Able to manage multiple tasks and daily deadlines with minimal supervision while paying extraordinary attention to process and detail.
- Must have a positive attitude and ability to work alone and cooperatively within a team.
- Must be skilled in oral and written communication, English grammar, word usage, and proofreading.
- Be a proactive solutions provider.
This position is a full time position based in our office at 714 S. Gay Street, Suite #200, Knoxville, TN 37902. Applicants must be able to commute daily and perform all work in our office to be considered for this position.
Please supply three professional references and links and/or portfolio of previous work.
Only applicants with stated qualifications need apply.
AMG Media Inc. specializes in brand marketing and media production. We offer strategic “direct to consumer” product launch...