WebOps Engineers at Synacor are responsible for ensuring that all aspects of operability are delivered as part of the implementation process while ensuring that existing service levels are maintained or improved. Operations Support Engineers are responsible for swift, durable resolution of issues impacting Synacor’s users.
We are seeking a Web Operations Engineer to join our Web Operations team, to help build and maintain Synacor's fast-growing infrastructure. WebOps works tightly with all of the development groups to bring a "full-stack" perspective on how the application and infrastructure are working together to provide availability and performance while still allowing for the great amount of change we want. We are the guardians of Synacor’s Products, and we strive to “make it all work all the time.” As a WebOps engineer you’ll have a chance to work on a wide range of technologies supporting products used by millions of users.
Duties and Responsibilities:
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
- Configure or expand production infrastructure to support new business
- Review Runbooks and other operational documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Configure services as part of product rollouts Evaluate Applications and Services for operational readiness
- Provide Risk Analysis regarding Application, Architecture, and Infrastructure changes.
- Provide 24/7 Tier-2 and Higher support for Synacor Applications and Services in an on-call rotation.
- Provide feedback to Product Development on common problems and suggested operational improvements.
- Document standards for deploying, maintaining, and supporting Products in Synacor’s production environment
- Act as “Operations Consultants” for Product Development when developing new Applications and Services
- Act as IT liaisons for Client and Product Ops
- Stay calm and collected during incidents while working toward swift resolution
- Other duties as assigned.
What we’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Must have worked in a LAMP or Java web application environment.
- Good understanding of Linux commands.
- Ability to write automation scripts of moderate complexity helpful.
- 1-3 years experience in an operational role at a fast-pace, High Availability web technology company
- A solid understanding of web application architecture, including TCP/IP and HTTP
- Experience with configuration management systems and concepts (Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, etc.)
- Very strong organization, communication, and documentation skills.
- 100% Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependents
- Competitive compensation
- 25 cent vending machines
- Free Spot coffee, popcorn and cappuccino
- Award winning company culture
- Casual dress and flexible environment
- Generous paid time off
Synacor - 20 months ago
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...