Interested in working on a major broadcast television website?
Digitaria has an opportunity to assist the award-winning NBC.com team in bringing new content and features to the users of NBC.com and support of some of the hottest shows on television. If you have diverse history of web development experience, are bursting with innovative ideas, and are looking for a dynamic, challenging Internet position, please apply for the position outlined below.
Skills and Requirements:
- Updating and maintaining show sites, including posting new content and editing existing pages.
- Adding and editing dynamic content using a CMS and hand-coded HTML.
- Works closely with the Senior Producers to meet established show site performance goals
- Responsible for interface engineering web pages, image optimization and communicating with programmers as needed
- Manage content from a variety of sources (site producers, designers, photo editors)
- Adhere to usability and user interface standards
- Assures quality and maintains all aspects of assigned websites
Digitaria provides competitive salaries, excellent benefits, 401k, and is headquartered in San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter. This is a remote position, and candidates must be willing to work remotely, outside of a Digitaria office.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in business, design or production areas.
- Ability to hand-code semantic HTML and CSS for cross-browser, cross-platform display. This includes knowledge of cross-browser scripting issues.
- Ability to troubleshoot HTML, CSS, XML and browser-display issues on existing pages.
- Skilled in Adobe Photoshop, with understanding of image optimization, cropping, scaling, and batch-processing.
- Experience in maintaining corporate/entertainment websites- minimum three years.
- Knowledge of basic server structure, relative and absolute paths, and FTP programs.
- Handle multiple demands and competing priorities simultaneously in a strict deadline-oriented environment
- An intuitive understanding of user behavior on the web.
- Ability to quickly grasp and utilize new technologies
- Knowledge of Internet publishing and content management software
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Proven excellent relationships and communication with co-workers and clients.
- Understanding of computer hardware and troubleshooting techniques.
- Passionate about television shows
- PHP knowledge a bonus.
Digitaria is a full-service digital marketing and technology firm based in San Diego. Since 1997, Digitaria has consistently lead the field...