Job Overview: Web Producer
The Fiscal Times, a fast-growing digital news, opinion and media publication, is looking for a dedicated Technical/Editorial Producer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a background in web production and have a functional knowledge of the issues covered by TFT.
The technical producer will report to both the Product Manager and the Design Director and be responsible for making site enhancements for both the marketing and advertising team and the editorial team. You should have good artistic and technical skills as well as excellent team building skills. Video experience is a plus. You will be working as part of a small team, so flexibility and a good attitude are the most important qualifications. You will wear many hats and will need to be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision and can bring a project in on time.
- Produce daily and evergreen content for the site.
- Optimize images and articles, and maintain the media library.
- Develop, spec, and produce special microsites.
- Create charts and other graphic elements.
- Create unique images using Photoshop.
- Work with Web producers to brainstorm special interactive features.
Required Skills and Experience
- BA or higher (journalism, economics, business degrees preferred) from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 1-2 years of experience with an online media site.
- Development experience with open source platforms (WordPress, Drupal, Joombla). Excellent HTML and PHP skills are required, along with basic Photoshop. HTML5 is a nice plus.
- A familiarity with CMS usage and structure.
- Flexibility and a good attitude are most important
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
About The Fiscal Times
The Fiscal Times is an independent media enterprise – written, edited and produced by experienced professional journalists – providing an array of original reporting and analysis, curated content from other leading partner publications, slide shows and interactive graphics. The Fiscal Times is devoted to comprehensive quality reporting on fiscal policy, business, health care and global economic issues. TFT, funded by Peter G. Peterson, is part of a new era of independently supported non-partisan journalism.
The Fiscal Times is a fast growing independent media enterprise – written, edited and produced by experienced professional journalists –...