Provides high-level leadership on the development and maintenance of the Center for International and Professional Experience (CIPE) Web site and information technology tools that enhance and support CIPE and Yale College. Individual will continually analyze and evaluate office operations to improve delivery of services and ensure innovative use of proper and appropriate technology, as well as a liaison between CIPE and university technology service providers. Provide CIPE and Yale College direction in how best to utilize and expand the use of IT and web resources. Report to the Dean of CIPE and serve as part of the Yale College Dean’s Office Web and IT team. |
Department URL Address:
Click here for more information
1. Leads and manages product development to support web strategy to generate best-in-class online tools for external and internal audiences on websites.
2. Defines the custom application product strategy and roadmaps with a view for the global system.
3. Prioritizes, scopes, plans, and implements new enhancements and tools with a heavy focus on ease of usability.
4. Writes functional specifications.
5. Manages vendors in programming, information architecture, writing, and graphic design to create products that are useful and consistently designed.
6. Conducts extensive quality review of products.
7. Runs beta and pilots programs with early-stage products.
8. Manages integrations with websites across the university.
9. Ensures custom applications meet the needs of all clients and supports the overall web strategy and goals.
10. Facilitates and supports improved business process change; provides usability, online technology, and general web guidance to the broader Yale communities in large-scale or centralized projects requiring use of systems managed by this position.
11. Continually researches, explores, and assesses new web opportunities, features, and technologies for Web applications while providing and overseeing maintenance to existing Web applications.
12. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in a related field and six years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Ability to work collaboratively with other administrative and technical university departments to apply IT solutions. Ability to lead the implementation and configuration of large and small-scale IT solutions.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Thorough understanding of IT concepts such as databases, information security, and process workflow. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to present IT concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Self-motivated, displaying initiative and broad thinking.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Strong customer service focus.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Bachelor's Degree in a relevant area and four years of web and IT project management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Three or more years of experience in administering IT for student and staff use in a university.
Knowledge of graphics and Web development software and strategies.
Strong comprehension of user interface concepts for the Web.
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Yale University - 13 months ago
What do former President George W. Bush and actress Meryl Streep have in common? They are Yalies. Yale University is one of the...