**First Application Review: May 22, 2013**
This position, Web Programmer, is a member of the CCC Information Technology Services group and shares in the responsibility of supporting, designing, and programming web application using modern development languages and standards. This is a full-time, benefit eligible position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides technical and functional support to web application users.
· Consults with users to define needs, collects specifications, recommends solutions.
· Prepares and updates documentation related to web applications.
· Assists in supporting 3rd party web applications.
· Oversees all aspects of website, intranet, and portal development for College.
· Responsible for developing and programming all website, portal, intranet, etc. sites for the College.
· Responsible for working closely with Chief Technology Officer to develop CCC online strategy.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Working knowledge of web development and design best practices. Ability to effectively create web sites, programs, scripts, services and applications using modern programming tools/platforms. Skills in oral, written and interpersonal communication. Skill in documentation, end-user training and organization. Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment that supports diversity, and to work with people from a variety of backgrounds. Additionally:
· Ability to manage web development projects with little supervision.
· Knowledge of universal design and accessibility methods.
· Ability to follow change management and documentation best practices.
· Knowledge of database design using one or more of the following: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and MySQL.
· Ability to develop intuitive and attractive user interfaces.
· Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree and 3 years of directly related experience; or any combination of equivalent education and experience as approved by the Technology Division and the Human Resources Department.
· One year web developing/programming experience.