Performs a full range of programming tasks, including program design, program coding, debugging, testing and documentation for internal websites. Assists with support and repair of computer systems , software and hardware issues.
· Written Communication
· Provide Solutions
· Technical/ Functional Skills
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES &TASKS:
1. Develops and maintains a consolidated website for use by employees. Works with all departments to develop their presence on the intranet with the goal of creating a centralized location for all employees to find important information and procedures.
2. Develops web forms with database back-end support.
3. Analyzes and prioritizes programming requests.
4. Assists departments to develop effective use of personal computers and software.
5. Writes new web program code. Modifies existing web program code. Analyzes performance of programs and takes action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users. Tests and develops modifications and writes operational instructions. Confers with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs.
6. Conducts program maintenance and error detection/correction of existing codes/languages and/or revisions to documentation.
7. Performs the installation, repairs and preventative maintenance of personal computer and related systems.
8. Troubleshoots software and hardware failures and identifies network problems when they relate to personal (desktop or laptop) computers.
9. Trains with other department personnel as needed and acquires working knowledge of the appropriate programs and processes.
10. Responsible for all projects assigned by supervisor and/or other Information Technology management staff.
11. Maintains the security of the computer center at all times.
12. Performs all other duties as assigned.
The incumbent is required to comply with all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act.
Employee must be able to walk and stand some of the time. Infrequent lifting of up to 25 pounds is required. The employee must be able to travel independently to department and branch locations throughout the Credit Union. Frequent travel may be necessary in Pima, Pinal and Maricopa Counties primarily.
Education & Experience
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field and a minimum of two years web programming experience. Incumbent must be willing to continue his/her professional education and/or obtain certificates in related field.
Skills & Abilities
Must possess superior skills in dynamic webpage development and database design. Must be proficient in scripting, web and database languages like Java, PHP, MySQL/MSSQL and HTML. Must have good judgment and must adhere to details. Must be a self-starter and be able to work unsupervised. Employee must be able to communicate clearly and effectively both in person and in writing.