FitOrbit, Inc. is an exciting and rapidly growing Los Angeles-based Internet startup in health and fitness. We have world-class venture backers who've also funded Twitter, Tumblr and Foursquare. We are a young and creative company working with globally recognized brands on on a very innovative product.
We are currently seeing a QA Manager who will write and execute test cases and provide detailed defect documentation. The QA Manager will work with the Engineering and Product Development teams to develop test plans, test data and test tools to ensure proper test coverage. This position is full-time and suited to an individual who is ready to step up to the responsibility of owning and growing the QA function of our company.
Summary of Job Requirements:
The QA Manager has the following responsibilities:
Required Skills / Experience
- Create and maintain test cases/scripts and test plans for assigned areas;
- Execute test tasks and analyze test results;
- Generate detailed defect reports;
- Participate in functional and design spec reviews;
- Identify areas suitable for test automation and design and develop automation and test tools in conjunction with QA lead;
- Ready and eager to build the QA function from the ground up, starting on his/her own and hiring and managing a QA team as our needs grow over time; and
- Communicate effectively with developers and QA staff to resolve defects/issues.
- 3 years of progressively responsible experience as a Senior QA Engineer or equivalent role;
- Experience owning the QA function (or in a senior role of ownership) of a consumer web-based (and ideally mobile) software product;
- Experience developing and executing test cases and test plans;
- Experience with test responsibilities for a product through all phases of the software development life cycle;
- Performance testing and/or test automation experience preferred;
- Experience with online retail and e-commerce systems preferred;
- Experience building a QA team from scratch and managing the growth of the function;
- Knowledge of the best testing and bug tracking tools, such as TestLink, Mingle, etc.;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- Results-driven, process-oriented, self-starter that can successfully work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Prospective candidates should highlight the following aspects of their technical experience:
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org Note: include "QA Manager" as the subject line.
- Experience writing test plans and test cases from functional specifications;
- Experience testing client-server applications and Web (and ideally mobile) based UIs;
- Experience in Agile software development environment or aptitude to learn about such software development methodologies and testing practices;
- Experience in cross-browser testing; and
- Experience in both Windows and Mac OS X operating systems.
Monster - 9 months ago
FitOrbit is a product developed by Global Fitness Media. Global Fitness Media, LLC is a privately funded start up company based in Los Angel...