Web Release Manager-MAR000382
Works closely with the Web Team and associated Project Managers to understand current status and potential impacts to a given release. Sets target and locks final release dates and coordinates which projects will be release according to their schedule. Responsible for owning the delivery of successful monthly releases, and managing the tasks associated in the planning, execution and cutover of all release level activities. Independently coordinates all ongoing release tactical level activities, identifies and drives process improvements for reduction in time to market delivery, assists Web Leaders in strategic planning efforts, budget and cross-functional improvements. Builds strong working relationships with key stakeholders in driving the delivery of Web release strategies and improvements. The Release manager conducts the release Go/No Go meeting and oversees and manages the release cutover weekend. They communicate the status of the release post implementation.
· Lead release targeting and bundling discussions with key project and business team members, recommending options for deployment based on resources, technology coupling options and business needs alignments. Owns ensuring that everything in the release is executed upon.
· Engage and align with web team resources in driving the release strategy, processes and roadmap.
· Act as liaison between the Web and Change Management team to ensure all scheduled and emergency changes take place with little or no impact.
· Report on the progress and issues of ongoing release activities to all impacted stakeholders.
· Build and create system to maintain release level documentation in a well organized / easy to access set of procedures and technologies.
· Ensure that scheduled changes are implemented only after proper testing by the Web Testing team.
· Execute cutover plan on release nights, driving issue resolution for the completion of all tasks within the defined maintenance window.
· Coordinate all release / configuration / change management-related tasks for the turnover preparation, planning and implementation of software builds into preproduction and production environment.
· Proactively identify potential issues and risks and work with relevant parties to resolve them, or escalate them to the project / application team.
· Lead all working sessions for the development, review and approval of all production turnover preparation, planning and implementation.
· Support cross organization work level assignments and process improvement initiatives with key business operation teams
· Establish release level quality metrics for the ongoing measurement and improvements of release processes.
· Lead continuous improvement by leveraging quality improvement methodologies (e.g. ITIL ).
· Research, share / leverage successful products, processes and best practices
· Execute on all Sox Control test procedures ensuring organizational compliance as defined by internal audit requirements.
· College degree, specialized training, or equivalent work experience in E-Commerce Project Management
· 5-7 years experience with concurrent website release methods / tools
· PMP certification or similar experience
· Familiarity with sourcing operating models and working with geographically dispersed teams
· Strong project management and team management skills e.g. planning, budgetary control, people management etc
Job : Marketing
Location(s) : United States
U.S. Cellular - 22 months ago
United States Cellular takes calls from sea to shining sea. Doing business as U.S. Cellular, the company provides wireless phone service to...