1. Maintains the website’s calendar and information, ensuring that dates and event details are accurate, and the calendar is updated and refreshed and in compliance with college standards, policies and procedures, as necessary.
2. Creates engaging, accurate, and comprehensible website content to promote College news, events, and activities.
3. Assists College departments in content management tasks by providing support for users.
4. Converts College marketing material to HTML format for the web.
5. Monitors website copyright and ADA compliance.
6. Monitors website placement on all major search engines and directories, adjusting HTML and web page content to improve search engine placement.
7. Monitors the college portal, ensuring information is accurate, continually updated and refreshed, and in compliance with college standards, policies and procedures.
8. Focus on social networking and blog outreach.
9. Develop and maintain the College’s presence in online social networks, drafting posts and aid with video blogging.
10. Monitor the blogging community and online news to find relevant topics.
11. Focusing on using social media to publish content, engage our audience and encourage reader-generated news, photos, videos and more.
12. Perform other duties as assigned. (M.E.)
$15.00 to $17.00 per hour
A. High School diploma or equivalency.
B. Two (2) years of professional experience with a windows operating system and various web browsers.
C. Dreamweaver experience including site management, page layout, and design skills.
D. Excellent proofreading skills.
E. Ability to edit photographs using Adobe Photoshop.
F. Ability to write HTML code.
G. Webmaster Certificate or equivalent education.
A. Demonstrated ability to write for the web in a clear, organized and engaging manner.
B. Excellent oral and written communications skills.
C. Working knowledge of ADA compliance issues especially Section 508 Standards.
D. An understanding of search engine placement on all major search engines.
Open Until Filled
Anticipated Start Date:
As soon as possible
Special Instructions to Applicants:
A completed online Non Professional application is required along with attaching a copy of your resume, cover letter and three letters of professional reference.
Hours of Work:
The Web Services Reservist shall be employed on an “on call as needed” basis. Compensation and benefits shall be in accordance with the Miscellaneous Salary Guide and pertinent Board of Trustees policy. Regular, prompt attendance shall be considered an essential job responsibility.
Days of Work:
Monday - Friday
If other, please specify:
Ocean County College - 13 months ago