MedNet Solutions is a leading eClinical technology solutions company supporting the pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology industries. Providing innovative, yet proven web-based electronic data capture and clinical study management solutions, MedNet helps companies deploy efficient and successful clinical studies, registries and investigator initiated trials.
As a Web Software Engineer, your primary responsibility is to design and develop quality-driven, customer facing web applications and services. You will also lead design reviews and code reviews of sprint-based development projects, including maintenance release sprints. You should be able to effectively communicate technical issues, options, and propose resolutions with customer support, product managers, project managers, infrastructure, quality assurance, and management. You will also be expected to quickly learn, grow in the position and mentor more junior software engineers, and must be accountable for product quality and on-time delivery. As a team member you will also be able to participate in team outings, team activities and much more.
- Develop and maintain web applications involving a variety of programming languages and technologies.
- Design coherent user interfaces consistent with modern web design practices.
- Create and maintain unit tests.
- Write and maintain design documentation for subsystems and components.
- Modify, repair, or expand existing applications to correct defects, increase efficiency, upgrade technology, and/or improve performance.
- Research and remain informed of new technologies and web development practices.
- Mentor team members on best practices, coding standards, and industry standards
- Create and review architectural designs and proposals, providing options and feedback as necessary.
Preferred Job Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience and between three to five years programming experience designing and developing dynamic database driven web applications, with knowledge of the software design life cycle (SDLC), good design principles, and an understanding of software testing.
Beneficial: jQuery, YUI, Shell scripting, Ruby, PL/pgSQL
Required: Exposure to database technologies such as MySQL, SQL Server, or PostgreSQL
Beneficial: Redis, Memcache, Distributed noSQL databases
Beneficial: MVC Frameworks (i.e. Zend, Ruby on Rails, CakePHP)
Beneficial: Linux, Apache
Required: Knowledge of W3 standards; Relational Database Design; Source Code Management (Git, SVN or similar);
Beneficial: Code documentation (i.e. PHPDoc, Javadoc); Unit Testing tools (i.e. PHPUnit); EDC experience; HIPAA and 21 CFR 11 requirements; Clinical, Data Management, Medical experience
MedNet Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer