Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Web Software User Interface Designer
The User Experience Designer is responsible for designing efficient, intuitive and appealing interfaces for web and mobile applications. As the successful candidate, you will work closely with the product manager, the content experts, and the software development team to bring the product vision and requirements to life. You will demonstrate expertise in interaction design, as well as intuition in the manner in which users perform their work most efficiently. You will select the tools needed for the job, create prototypes and iteratively validate designs that provide innovative and effective solutions to complex user experience problems. You will have opportunity to adapt or rethink original ideas based on testing, customer feedback, and collaboration with other team members.
Measures of Success:
• Design user interactions based on story requirements, using best practices gathered from relevant research.
• Perform graphic design to create visually arresting, consistent, high-quality user experiences which reflect desired marketing and brand identity.
• Create prototypes that will be used in an iterative manner to validate and evolve the product.
• Refine story requirements, in collaboration with content experts, so that they accurately reflect the needs of the user and the scenarios they encounter.
• Travel internationally with business analysts and content experts to liaise with existing and potential product users to ensure a complete understanding of user needs.
• Conduct research and keep abreast of relevant technology advances.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience Required:
• Bachelor's degree in interaction design, or related field, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 3 years of experience as an interaction designer or user experience professional designing and developing software solutions.
• Must be an expert in user-centered design methods, techniques, and principles.
• Experience interacting with users, understanding their needs and translating into product designs.
• Demonstrated ability to produce user experience documentation, including storyboards, user scenarios / tasks, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, annotated mock-ups, etc.
• Proficient to expert use of relevant user experience software tools, such as the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Experience in the use of JS, HTML5 and CSS for prototyping is preferred.
• Ability to deal with and resolve ambiguity.
• Must have, or be willing and able to obtain, a valid passport for international travel.
• Ability to develop and execute detailed user experience test plans and document the results.
Trimble Navigation Limited is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D
Those who fear not knowing their place in the world should contact Trimble. The company's surveying, mapping, and marine navigation...