Requisition Number: STFR000733
FT/PT: Full Time
The Web Specialist is a key member of the Office of the Provost web team providing first-tier customer support to meet the needs of supported departments in their use of the application for admissions systems, content management systems, SharePoint sites and other web systems.
The Web specialist manages and maintains content and data for admissions and content management systems.
The Web specialist works closely with other members of the web team to design external websites, web intranets, third party web and data systems for supported departments to help address their online communication and operational goals.
The Web specialist contributes towards making the web environment of supported departments a valuable resource for faculty and staff.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, engineering, communications, graphic design or related field is required.
- 2-5 years of hands-on experience with various information systems and system users support required.
- Ability to use content management systems such as Wordpress
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, including experience developing and promoting content for the web
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple requests/projects simultaneously, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer service focus and interpersonal skills.
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Ability to grasp new technical concepts quickly
- Researches new website features, tools and trends and makes recommendations for their use
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro
- XHTML, CSS
- Demonstrated ability in graphic, interface and web design; typography, and navigation
- Proficiency with PC and Mac
- Experience with MS Excel and Access
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
- MySQL/ SQL
- Wordpress, SharePoint
- Knowledge and awareness of design and UI trends
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Northeastern University - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard