Looking for a Web Systems Administrator to join the Open Systems team. The Open Systems team is part of the 24x7 Operations Organization within the company's Global Information Services/Infrastructure Services and is responsible for high systems availability across the enterprise. The Open systems team is responsible for Level 2 support, trouble-shooting, root cause analysis, trending, performance analysis and resolution in the area of Windows, Citrix, File, Print VMWare and Web technology. This position is for second shift, possibly third shift with some requirements for weekend and holiday coverage.
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including networks. Duties may include setting up user accounts, maintaining library of system documentation and installing system-wide software and allocation of mass storage space.
- Activities may include administration of personal computers, client Servers, electronic mail, on-line and Internet resources, local area networks and wide area networks, and standard application software products. Interacts with users and analyzes vendor products.
- May recommend purchase of hardware and software, and coordinates installation with vendors and/or technicians.
- Trains internal users.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards of allocation and use of office automation equipment and resources.
- Experience as technical expert in one or more of the following systems with proficiency in at least two of the following technologies: Windows, VMWare, Citrix, Web environments and File/Print.
- Must demonstrate knowledge across infrastructure disciplines and technologies and has a broad understanding of IT standards and methodologies.
- This position requires overall understanding of monitoring and backup/recovery technologies. Must have disaster recovery experience in a Windows environment.
- Must have top technical ability, capable of conflict resolution, identifying alternatives, and providing solutions, while driving incidents to resolution.
- Must have exceptional problem and analytical solving skills.
- Must communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, written and verbal.
- Must have excellent documentation skills.
- Must have superior interpersonal skills to be able to work with large groups of technical and non-technical staff on complex and highly technical incidents
- Experience in process improvement methods, procedures, metrics development, documentation and reporting.
- Consistently contributes knowledge and content to the support organization.
- Must collaborate with peers, cross-functional teams, team leaders, engineering and implementation to achieve end-to end products and process quality.
- Effectively influences others by guiding and mentoring lower-level technical staff.
- Able to rapidly absorb and implement new technologies and procedures.
- Capable of performing tasks in dynamic/changing situations and under stress, optimizing availability of system services to users/LOB staff.
- Familiar with SDLC methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding of Mainframe, Midrange, Database, Web, and Client Server technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- At least three years of experience in systems support and working knowledge of specific technology to be administered.
- Familiarity with multi-platform environments.
- Understanding of security systems
- Experience working in a FDA regulated environment is preferred and candidate must be familiar with incident and change management requirements and practice.
JobServe USA - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard -