With Cisco’s Next Chapter – |
TOMORROW starts here, updated job descriptions are being introduced to align with the new branding.
As we enter the era of the Internet of Everything, in keeping with Staffing’s vision that every hire accelerates Cisco’s competitive advantage, the global social media / branding team is excited to present the Cisco employment branding pitch for all external requisitions. Our goal is to align our employment brand with the new Cisco global integrated brand marketing campaign, TOMORROW starts here.
Web Systems Engineer / Systems Integrators:
Role requires deep and broad understanding of how infrastructure needs to be setup for large enterprises with proven knowledge of managing production environments (experience should not be limited to just installation on a sandbox/development boxes/ laptop).
Deep knowledge of specifics of the various components that make up an infrastructure such as extensive experience in installing, configuring, tuning, troubleshooting various infra components is also a must.
Expertise in integrating with authentication & authorization technologies, messaging middleware, and web services are highly desired skills.
Related technical knowledge, skills and expertise
• Outstanding Unix knowledge and Unix Shell scripting is a must. Functional skill level of a system administrator or better on Linux, Solaris or at least one UNIX variant including use of secure root tools such as sudo, users, groups, permissions, file system layouts, UNIX editors and cron, protocols, file handles, process management, performance assessments and an intimate knowledge of the OS toolset.
• Web servers, HTTP protocols, web authentication methods, mime types, debugging using log analysis, HTML/XML standards, httpd.conf attributes, directives and precedence, redirection, common module knowledge and module management. Knowledge of SSI, web server tuning. Experience with Apache module debugging and module interactions..
• TCP/IP network knowledge (protocols, ports and datagrams) and use of common TCP/IP diagnostic tools (ping, netstat, and port connection handshake steps)
• Significant knowledge of security and firewall practices. Knowledge of SSL certificates and digital signature technology
• Significant knowledge of high availability theory (concepts, uses) and implementation and technical skill with at least one technology to facilitate high availability including load balancing, caching, clustering and content switching. Must be able to figure out the data path thru a high availability environment, read and explain configuration files.
• Recognized expert of multiple technical disciplines and basic to significant knowledge of the majority of the following technologies:
o Excellent hands on linux or unix, both administration and internals
o Web Servers
o OBIEE, Web Logic
o Integration of middleware environments with authentication technologies such as Oracle Access Manager/SiteMinder and Messaging (JMS/Tibco), Web Services, LDAP/AD
o Strong Working knowledge of apache and load balancers
o Good understanding of apache logs, config, etc. and be able to debug the issues
o Experience of the file systems, nfs, dns, mail
o Should be able to interpret system condition by looking at system stats/profiles (e.g. CPU, Memory, Swap, disk capacity).
o Good working knowledge of http, tcp/ip, sockets and other necessary protocols.
o Automation experience in infrastructure monitoring
o Exposure to large-scale production environments is a plus.
o Knowledge of developer tools like CVS, SVN is a plus.
o Experience in multi-tiered, high-volume production experience is a strong plus.
Cisco Systems - 12 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...