Did you know?
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed.
Description of position
Costco team is looking for a dedicated and experienced engineer to join its development team. S/he will participate in and lead design sessions, and code new features for various projects to support and expand Costco’s international E-Commerce platform. The right candidate will be asked to play the role of development lead on projects, to ensure delivery of high quality artifacts, to adhere and follow Costco’s SDLC. This is an excellent opportunity to work on a global E-Commerce application for a well-known Fortune 50 companys
Tasks and responsibilities
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
- Development of features for a global E-Commerce website.
- Creation of conceptual and detailed technical design documents.
- Provide accurate and timely estimates (work breakdown schedules).
- Design and develop relational database applications.
- Document and execute unit and integration tests.
- Define and implement standards and best practices for software development.
- Participate in code review sessions as a coordinator, owner, reader, recorder or observer.
- Support the needs and requirements of other I.S. departments.
- Provide 3rd-level application support for production installed components.
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- Minimum 4 years experience developing in a distributed application environment.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a development lead on major projects.
- Must have experience programming with J2EE development stack, preferably on IBM WebSphere Commerce platform.
- Must have working knowledge of Java, JDO, JMS, JSP, Web Services, SOAP, and XML technologies.
- Experience programming in one major database: DB2, MS SQL, or Oracle.
- Strong knowledge of object oriented concepts and applied UML experience.
- Must have experience leading at least one project through a formal software development lifecycle.
- Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work with all management levels.
- Must have high integrity, accountability, a positive attitude, and be willing to do what it takes to make the team successful.
- Must have proven ability to manage priorities and timelines.
- Must have proven ability to provide project estimates and work-breakdown schedules.
- Must be extremely responsive, able to work under pressure in crisis with a strong sense of urgency.
- Responsible, conscientious, organized, self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyze for potential future issues.
- 24/7 on call responsibilities on a rotational basis Recommended skils,
To Apply: Email your current resume to IT_JOBS@costco.com . If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.
- Experience programming in DB2 and/or MS SQL Server is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with IBM development tools preferred.
- Previous e-Commerce experience preferred.
- Previous experience working in a Service Oriented (SOA) environment preferred.
Costco Wholesale - 14 months ago
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader...