Did you know?
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. We are proud to have been named by Washington CEO Magazine as one of the TOP THREE companies to work for in the entire state of Washington!
Description of position
This position is responsible for the design, installation, configuration and monitoring of WebSphere Commerce Server as well as WebSphere Application server. These servers run on platforms such as AIX, Red Hat Linux and iSeries. This is not a developer position, as in-depth operating system and web technology are required . Performs analysis and other tasks as necessary for design, implementation, and maintenance of commercial, off –the-shelf, enterprise applications and/or infrastructure. This will involve developing detailed recommendations, architectural design, strategic planning and implementation, daily monitoring and tracking, auditing, consultation with other departments to resolve system issues, and analyzing and recommending system changes. The position will meet regularly with other areas of IS to determine technology requirements, offer advice and perform implementations. This position also will act as a mentor to other team members.
This person shares responsibility in areas relating to the administration of the Commerce sites, on-going operation and resolution of system issues. This person will also participate in release planning and build promotion planning and partners in making final decisions on deploying releases into production.
Tasks and responsibilities
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
- Install, configure, maintain and support servers and web based server applications that run on AIX and WebSphere.
- Specifically WebSphere Commerce and other related application software.
- Configure and support the middleware applications supporting the online business, including managing and configuring for performance and security.
- Installation of WebSphere Commerce and other web applications into a WAS environment.
- Deployment of application fixes and feature packs.
- Publish stores and manage organizations.
- Performance tuning as well as configuration of caching (including edge caching).
- Configure logging and administer application servers.
- Support for compliance by maintaining the environment within the guidelines as well as participating in annual audits.
- Provide on call support for service interruptions, ensure timely recovery from outages, perform root cause analysis and implement preventative measures.
- Act as team lead in leading and mentoring others.
- Interface with and provide technical leadership to others in the IT division and business to address ongoing business needs.
- Play a key project role in the selection, design and implementation of new technologies.
- Write scripts to proactively manage the application infrastructure.
- Document the application infrastructure and teach/share with others as necessary.
- Participation in projects; providing work estimates, partnering with others to design and execute on projects that enhance system availability or application capabilities.
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with WebSphere Application Sever (WAS) administration.
- 3 years of experience administrating WebSphere Commerce version 6 or 7 in a UNIX environment.
- General understanding of Network technologies (i.e. OSI Layer), Application security, Databases (preferably DB2) and MQ Messaging and Broker, AIX and WebSphere Application Server.
- Ability to quickly understand current environments and to use that information to build stable, responsive and secure solutions.
- Ability to guide and mentor others through the design, build and implementation phases of system deployments.
- Experience building solutions in a distributed architecture and ability to understand the interactions from end to end.
- High end technical experience reviewing proposed solutions and selecting the best fit for the applications and architecture.
- Proven experience with scripting as a server application integrator/administrator.
- Ability to explain complex subjects to the audience with wide variety of technical skills.
- Strong critical thinking and analysis skills and exceptionally strong documentation skills.
- Responsible, conscientious, organized, self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
- Team player – must be friendly, communicative, open, honest, thoughtful and committed. Must work cooperatively with others.
- Experience as a Middleware administrator with MQ messaging and Broker.
To Apply: Email your current resume to IT_JOBS@costco.com . If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.
**Due to the large volume of resumes and applications we receive, we regret that we are unable to make personal contact with everyone.
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader...