Responsibility of this position will include the development and management of web content for the KilleenTexas.gov and subsidiary websites, online resources and integral tools for communication. The Webmaster will work under the supervision of the Director of Public Information (DPI) and closely with the Public Information staff to ensure the City’s website meets the department‘s mission to deliver relevant, concise, and timely information to the public.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic and enthusiastic team player skilled in creating and managing online content.
Manage the City of Killeen website content to ensure accuracy, relevance, and applicability.
Develop and manage a digital content calendar; receive suggestions from key internal stakeholders to create an engaging online user experience.
Manage web content, content schedules, and create online resources for campaigns and programs for the City of Killeen departments and divisions.
Ensure web content is consistent with overall communications objectives.
Request and receive information and format content to post and to produce on the City’s website.
Oversee the technical aspects of content strategy including database maintenance, HTML, and CSS editing.
Collaborate with the Public Information staff to integrate other communications tools.
Perform systematic checks of all websites to ensure accuracy and functionality on all webpages.
Document programs, processes, and requirements, and maintain current accounts and access codes.
Generate reports and analyze website traffic & flow.
Work closely with web developers, team members, outside agencies, and outside consultants.
Other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management, or related field; and
Must have a minimum of four (4) years web content management experience;
Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must possess a valid Texas driver’s license by date of hire.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information; develop alternative solutions
- Experience working with content management systems including Wordpress
- Familiarity with using web analytics tools such as Google Analytics to track online behavior trends and identify areas of opportunity
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Strong copy editing skills
- Graphic design skills preferred
- Excellent customer/client service
- Able to work in a professional communications environment
City of Killeen, TX - 11 months ago