Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. Its colleges and schools offer more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU is worlds ahead in its local and global engagement, finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission and enrolls 48,000 students on two campus and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. More than 160,000 alumni live and work in South Florida. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
- Creates design prototypes/ wireframes, including graphic design, site navigation, and layout of content, for Division of Research web sites (internet, intranet, extranet).
- Provides guidelines and templates for ensuring appropriate levels of visual branding consistency across remaining areas of the site knowledge of design methodologies, web interface design and usability theories.
- Adheres to upcoming web trends including HTML5, XHTML/ CSS, 508 and ADA compliance, search engine optimization, UI /information design experience.
- Provides graphic design assistance to Division of Research stakeholders.
- Writes and maintains HTML/ASP/PHP/C# code for Division of Research websites. Performs content update and maintenance, develops and maintains websites and web applications.
- Conducts technical implementation and support of Division of Research web presence, including application development, web content management system implementation.
- Develops and enhances content management system to include work flow approval processes for inter-departmental requests. Develops and maintains procedures around content management.
- Creates and maintains Internet search engine optimization for the Division of Research and makes sure that FIU Research is on the top of the Internet search lists. Maintains and reports web usage and access statistics.
- Ensures security and integrity of the websites. Maintains security controls for data content preservation.
- Works closely with University web development and tech support team for maintenance of the FIU Division of Research web sites.
- Meets with Division of Research stakeholders to determine assessment needs to the websites.
- Performs setup of all system dependencies related to site configuration and management; Troubleshoots and debugs sites for any errors. Creates forms as needed in C# ASP.NET.
Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of web development and design.
- Fluent in the design, development, optimization and maintenance of web sites using content management systems such as SharePoint or Drupal.
- Extensive experience with design tools such as (Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Ability and knowledge of server-side development technologies some combination of (Java, PHP, Perl, Ruby On Rails, ASP.NET).
- Ability to create Web standards based code with ability to hand code XHTML / CSS
- Ability and knowledge of Web servers/application servers (Apache, Tomcat, IIS).
- Ability and knowledge of Relational Databases (MySQL, SQL Server).
- Knowledge of 508 and ADA compliance.
- Knowledge of UI / information design experience as well as SEO.
Starting at $60,000 commensurate with experience.
- Begin time: 8:30 AM
- End time: 5:00 PM
Criminal Background Check
Equal Opportunity Programs
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and is an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer .
Job Opening ID: 505769
Business Unit: RESEARCH
Department: OSRA-Sponsored Research
Florida International University - 15 months ago
United Way of Miami-Dade
- 9 days ago
The Creative Group
North Bay Village, FL
- 3 days ago
Swiss Watch International, Inc.
- 30+ days ago