This position is for a full time Migration Specialist working on site at our data center in Dearborn, MI. Advanced Linux skills are required as we use Linux exclusively.
- Website Moves:
- Transferring client data from other hosts over to their account with us
- Transferring client data between servers on our network for upgrades
- Troubleshooting issues related to the data migration to make sure sites are functioning in the new location properly
- Updating clients on regular intervals to ensure they're aware and comfortable during the entire migration process from start to finish
- Order Processing:
- Fulfilling shared and dedicated web hosting orders
- Fulfilling SSL orders
- Fulfilling domain orders
- Specialized Ticket Departments:
- Renewing and transferring domain names
- Allocating and configuring IP addresses
- Issuing and troubleshooting SSL certificates
Salary and hours discussed during interview with benefits after 90 days. In your e-mail, please elaborate on your Linux experience, giving specific examples of projects or other things you have done.
- Excellent customer support and communication skills. You will be answering support tickets and working with clients on the phone and via e-mail.
- Strong familiarity with Linux web hosting software (Apache/Litespeed, FTP, SSH, MySQL, DNS)
- Familiarity with a variety of web hosting control panels including the InterWorx control panel (along with CPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin and others)
- Familiarity with how domains work and domain transfer processes
- Familiarity with CIDR blocks and IP addresses in general.
- Familiarity with the various types of SSL certificates available and their installation process.
- Patience and perseverance to solve complex hosting-related issues
- Proficiency with the Linux CLI
- Web development and/or scripting experience
Nexcess - 10 months ago
Nexcess is a Southfield, Michigan-based managed hosting company founded in 2000, with wholly-owned data centers located in Dearborn,...